The Terminator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
...The Executioner...what ever!

I have had this kit since the middle of last year, and I just realized after opening it that it has Plywood Fins...standard!!:eek: I only opened it to add the 29mm plywood centering rings, motor mount, and plywood bulkhead to the kit...upgrades :D I even added a 30" ripstop nylon chute.

...and to think all I thought I had was an under powered Estes kit...This thing is totally made for MPR...except for the bodytube :rolleyes:

But then everyone here knew that, except me, thats why there are so many Executioner threads...

"at first I was like whoa "

"then I was like whoa "

"now I'm like whoa ...I'm gettin slow in my old age.

I know what you mean. My boy took his carefully-built, but totally stock Executioner to NSL. He wanted to launch Sunday morning, so he dug through my range box and came up with my last G55-6. Yeow, but he has great instincts. It went straight up (mostly, it was very windy) and disappeared trailing that great G55 flame and smoke trail. Lee James caught a glimpse of the rocket coming down on a five foot heavy mylar streamer, but we didn't have any luck finding it. Later, however, it turned up totally intact in the rocket box at the rangehead. He wants to thank whoever found it.
Braz

It was me, I found it...nah, just joshin

Good story though. I have this wild hair of sticking one of the Skyripper G63 hybrids in this thing, all while keeping therockets appearance stock...at least thats the plan.

Thanks for sharing, I hope I'll get mine back on what ever I fly it on.

Yeah, the Executioner is a great rocket.
I have a stock one that I love to fly on E9's.
I have another yet unopened one that will get the 29mm upgrade. As you said, the only negative I see is the weak BT.
But my stock one has had about 10 flights without damage.
I've even launched it on a D12 a couple of times in my yard. Nice straight slow boosts to low altitude and close recovery.

When friends come over that haven't seen my rockets fly, I'll usually take a few small ones out and launch them, and then say "Ya'll want to see a big one?" Then I go in and get the Executioner. Of course, they're impressed, and all I can think is; "You guys should come to a big launch and see some F's and G's and the other Big Ones." If they only knew. :D

Tim

slim_t,

Our family got together and had a launch were I brought out the Aerotech G-Force as a surprize "big" rocket...it was the 1st flight of the rocket, and it landed right in a tree...man I hate that rocket.

The Executioner is screaming for something wild...

slim_t,

We had a launch were I brought out the Aerotech G-Force as a surprize "big" rocket...it was the 1st flight of the rocket, and it landed right in a tree...man I hate that rocket.

The Executioner is screaming for something wild...

I LOVE my Executioner! The only changes I made to mine were to put in a LOC 24mm motor tube and coat the CRs with epoxy, and put a kevlar leader through the upper CR and out the top, than attach a heatshield and use a nylon chute. That rocket loves E-18s!!! Great kit!

Loopy

ppssss.... 29 MM UPGRADE!!!! My dad did a 29 mm upgerade, that rocket loves the G's! Heck, we even got it back on a G-64, pretty kool

The G64 is by far the best MPR motor made...but I hear that the G79 is rockin motor too...

Back