The STINGER 6 New from Rocketry Warehouse.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blastcap Rocketry

Reaction score
Here is another kit I designed for Rocketry Warehouse.
The Stinger!

stinger-lg_zps206d9ca0.jpg

SANY0046_zps28c0eef1.jpg

Kit includes:

•6 Inch Blue Filament Wound 4:1 Nosecone
•6 Inch G12 Colored Fiberglass Airframe 30 inches
•75mm Motor Mount G12 Fiberglass 16 Inches
•3 G10 Fiberglass 1/8" Thick Fins
•G10 Black Fiberglass Centering Rings
•G10 Black Fiberglass Bulk Plate
•Black Vinyl Decal

Kit Features:

•Beautiful color tubing
•Needs no paint
•Precision routed fin slots
•Flies on anything from an J to an M
•Weight aprox 13 Lb
•Almost 5 Feet Tall
•All Fiberglass design

View attachment Rocketry Warehouse Stinger.rkt

Last edited:
Just wanted to give The Stinger its own thread for build & flight pics. I'll be flying mine at Red Glare 15 in a few weeks.

Here is how I did the DD in my RW STINGER. I basically did the same thing in my upscale MR-1 the MR64 and close to it in my GIZMO XL. The Av-bay is in the NC coupler, Shear pins hold the coupler into the NC & BT. I was concerned with one, the drogue charge jamming the coupler in the NC and two, the thrust breaking the shear pins and having the coupler slide down into the BT, I'm flying a 98mm CTI K4000VM at Red Glare so yes this could happen. Both issues I solved by used a 3/8" piece of coupler in the NC and a 1" piece in the BT. Pics coming shortly.

I use a quick disconnect so I don't need a switch band on the coupler itself. Vent holes are positioned as far down the BT as possible, my Av-bay also used push button switches so it can be turned on right through the vent hole or a separate smaller hole. No the positioning of the holes won't cause your altimeter to be spoofed, I've done a many times with no trouble. For barometric units I use a 4 second delay just to be sure.

Last edited:
Wow........................... with an altimeter in the nose, it's a nice toy for Cable Cutter DD

Gary great idea for the Stinger 6. I am sure there is a lot of us who missed the Stinger 6 sale will RW offer this kit again? I am sure it will be a good seller.
Thanks

Yes the STINGER 6 will definitely be available, also no need for a cable cutter.See below.

For the NC coupler I used your standard Av-Bay bulk plates, because I'm using my 4" Av-Bay I cut the holes in the bulk plates to match it in size. I used the all threads only cause it was easier when putting it together.
IMG_20131123_093814_806.jpg

As I said I use quick disconnects on my Av-Bays so alls I have to do is insert the bay in one end, connect the quick disconnect and screw on the wing nuts.
IMG_20131123_094100_103.jpg

For the NC shock cord attachment I took a 3" bulk plate and a 6" Eye bolt. I drilled 4 1/4" holes in the bulk plate, you unscrew the aluminum NC tip, put the 3" bulk plate on the eye bolt and slide it into the NC, screw the NC tip back on and wrap tape around the joint to seal it, now pour some epoxy into the tip, this with secure everything and also keep the NC tip centered.

IMG_20131123_093846_907.jpg

As I said Shear pins will hold the coupler into the NC & BT. I was concerned with one, the drogue charge jamming the coupler in the NC and two, the thrust breaking the shear pins and having the coupler slide down into the BT, I'm flying a 98mm CTI K4000VM at Red Glare so yes this could happen. Both issues I solved by used a 3/8" piece of coupler in the NC and a 1" piece in the BT. You can see the band in NC in the above pic and in the BT below.

IMG_20131123_093744_236.jpg

That is one awesome rocket Gary. Great build ideas too. I know that you have talked about your av bays and push button switches in your Vorlon thread. I am thinking of using these switches in a high G rocket. You are obviously confident in these switches for the high G launches that you discuss here. Any thoughts on these switches in high G liftoffs? Thanks.

Chris,
I wouldn't have any concerns whats so ever using these switches in a high G flight. I've used them for years with plenty of high G flights and flights surpassing Mach without ever having a problem. I've never even had to ever replace one.

Nice build Gary. Pictures always help to see the build. When the Stinger is on the RW site will they be offered in any other colors? I guess if its only in blue it would match my F150

Back