The Starship Builders

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man that is a great photo:) Is the model still around?
Cheers
fred

Thanks man that is a great photo:) Is the model still around?
Cheers
fred

Oh yah, it's in the Air & Space museum in Washington DC. It's in the gift shop.

It had a major refurbishing in the '90s, most fans think it is way over weathered. I have some photos of it I took a few years ago I'll post them when I find them.

It's really impressive to see!

Hmmm...Captain Robert April, Sarah April and Larry Marvick, just as I thought. Where's Dr. Daystrom?

MarkII

Working on M-4, but it won't be entirely successful!

( M-5 will work much better! :eek:)

Zoom zoom...

01-scifi-rocket-blast-off.png

MarkII

Not quite the same as Spock leaning proudly against his new car. What's that? Pride in a Vulcan?
Would Vulcans even drive? And if they did, would they ever drive such a gas guzzler? :confused: And if, in the 23rd century, that was a new car... :eek:

Imagine being the poor shlub who gets stuck giving young Spock his road test for his driver's license... :y:

MarkII

Here she is now, taken about 2 hrs ago. She is inside a glass case, and the light stinks, sorry for the quality.

DCFC0072.jpg

DCFC0074.jpg

DCFC0078.jpg

DCFC0075.jpg

DCFC0076.jpg

Enjoy

They did overdo the weathering. Looks like she's been abandoned...poor girl. Like a jilted bride with smeared mascara.

Yup, kind of over done.

Just for info, the 4th photo is a good view of the top of the saucer. That is the only surface that is original. It has never been touched.

I cant help but really like her though:) Man that is amongst my happiest childhood memories watching that show:)
Cheers
fred

I cant help but really like her though:) Man that is amongst my happiest childhood memories watching that show:)
Cheers
fred

Must be sad in that little Plexiglas box. Not even a transparent aluminum box...

Why would a spacecraft that has only rarely seen an atmosphere need to show weathering?

Blast damage maybe, but weathering?

To me a Federation cruiser should be a gleaming new car looking thing. Weathered was more of a star wars thing:)
Cheers
fred

The extreme radiation of space along with cruising at hundreds of times the speed of light is certainly going to mess up event the nicest paint job.

The extreme radiation of space along with cruising at hundreds of times the speed of light is certainly going to mess up event the nicest paint job.

Well, in the navy, one spends a lot of time scrapping, cleaning and painting.

Back