The Space Force is officially the sixth military branch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a theory about the new Space Force . . .

With Putin's recent revelation of their new hyper-sonic missiles, the USA must develop a defense against them.

The "Star Wars" Strategic Defense Initiative ( SDI ) program was "officially discontinued", at least in the Public eye. I think we can all agree that weapons technology, once developed, is never simply "given up" by our Military / Government.

"Star Wars" simply "went black" and its development has continued over the past 30-40 years. In the original program, chemical lasers and particle beam weapons were designed, built, and tested.

I believe that modern versions of those weapon systems, in the 21st Century, are more than capable of shooting down any missile, hyper-sonic, or otherwise. It would not surprise me if that technology were not already in Earth orbit.

I believe that the creation of the new "Space Force" is directed at the operation of those and subsequent orbital and sub-orbital weapons systems for the USA.

Dave F.

Back