The so long has released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outside of what appears to be plastic surveyor’s tape streamers - I was hoping for lightweight nylon - looks like an interesting kit.

At $40 for the kit and, at list price, $50 for both motors per flight I’d say this needs an Eggfinder in the payload bay…that or just say it’s name when you push the launch button 😆

That is another good looking design. I would be tempted to buy and build one but I'd build it as a single stage. No place around here to go 3000+ ft and expect to recover it.

"SO LONG – so high, so far, so fast and so much fun!"

So much like taking two 20's and throwing them out the car window... :p
If that's not a solid definition of model rocketry, I don't know what is.
Now if you excuse me I am off to the Estes site with my stack of 20's. :)

Annnnnnd, didn't pull the trigger. I think its the F engines. I put a So Long a pack of F15-8 and F15-0 (which comes to $99.96 fyi) so I also threw in an $11 pack of other engines. Total $111. No free shipping. :( total $140. grrrrrrrr

"SO LONG – so high, so far, so fast and so much fun!"

So much like taking two 20's and throwing them out the car window... :p
I tried having two 20s, easier to have one 40 or 50 something instead...

On the Estes FB page they posted on Monday that they would be kicking off the "Summer of Pro Series II" next week with "a great one". So I'm guessing that someone slipped up and released it early.

Mine got a tracking number and had been accepted already so if it was early they are still sending them out.

Bought a So Long and a Majestic and booster which just tags the other side of free shipping on the Estes site. Then got a bunch of F and F boosters on AC Supply. Looks like a 2 stage F summer.

The majestic and Asender tended to need to be flown on a perfect windless day. My 2 stage Asender turned to cruise missile mode just after staging. I did get it back in the front yard of a farm home about 1/2 a mile away.

The So-Long will probably not have this problem

The majestic and Asender tended to need to be flown on a perfect windless day. My 2 stage Asender turned to cruise missile mode just after staging. I did get it back in the front yard of a farm home about 1/2 a mile away.

The So-Long will probably not have this problem

I liked my 2-stage Ascender on E16-E16.. It staged lower where you could see it and still went pretty high, and it didn’t do the cruise missile trick. The F-F was pretty effin’ iffy, if‘n ya know what I mean.

Attached are pictures of a production Estes So Long kit.

The body tubes have a thicker/heavier wall.

Attachments

• Estes So Long 001 Front.jpg
    Estes So Long 001 Front.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Estes So Long 002 back.jpg
    Estes So Long 002 back.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
That might be my favorite Rocket Estes has ever made. Can you even see a rocket the size of a So Long at 3,600 feet? My Scratch built Sub Min Diameter F-15-8 simms at 2850 feet and it's almost out of sight on a clear day.

Last edited:
Back