The Simple Circuit for Raven Altimeters is Now Available!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
Now available from AdditiveAerospace: The Simple Circuit

Simple Circuit is the ideal way to wire your Raven altimeter. Simple Circuit attaches to the small terminals of the Raven altimeter and creates larger, dedicated terminal blocks for the battery, switch, and four output channels.

• Remove any guesswork that comes with wiring the stock Raven, just place the header pins inside the Raven terminals and tighten! All expansion terminals are clearly labeled for easy identification.
  • Easily use your preferred arming method and battery (refer to the Raven User’s Manual for proper battery selection).
  • Permanently install a Simple Circuit in each of your rockets to quickly swap one Raven amongst several rockets.
  • Assembled in-house by Additive Aerospace, USA.

Download the mounting template here: Simple Circuit Hole Drilling Template

Price is $24.95 each. Swing by and check them out, and grab some accessories to go with it!

Top Assembled.jpg

Side Assembled.jpg

IMG_20170314_230741_478.jpg

Bottom Solo.jpg

What is the size? Trying to see if it will fit in my packed ebay. Thanks!

Hi Dan, You didn't answer my question on the original posting about the simple circuit, if you support international shipping?

Hi Dan, You didn't answer my question on the original posting about the simple circuit, if you support international shipping?

Chris,

Sorry for the lack of response. The Additive Aerospace website checkout process includes flat rate international shipping to countries that we have shipped to before. New Zealand doesn't appear to be one of those countries (yet), so please e-mail Andrew at [email protected] to get NZ added.

Thanks for your interest!
Dan

Ordered, This will be very handy in sport rockets.

If I could make one suggestion for a V2. Maybe include a screw switch on the PCB to eliminate space?

Ordered, This will be very handy in sport rockets.

If I could make one suggestion for a V2. Maybe include a screw switch on the PCB to eliminate space?

I've gone back and forth with what to include and not include. I'd honestly prefer to keep it open ended with regards to batteries and switches.

That said, if there's a lot of interest for one with an integrated switch, it may be doable. For now, we plan to focus on the current configuration.

I've gone back and forth with what to include and not include. I'd honestly prefer to keep it open ended with regards to batteries and switches.

That said, if there's a lot of interest for one with an integrated switch, it may be doable. For now, we plan to focus on the current configuration.

I understand, I wasn't implying you change it up anytime soon. Just an idea for the future :)

If I had a Raven, I would be all over this. :)

Adrian can fix that! I absolutely hope this helps sell Ravens too. It's a great altimeter and the Simple Circuit makes it even more approachable, in my humble opinion!

The first set of orders have shipped!

Thanks to everyone that has ordered, I'm excited by the amount of interest this has drawn! Keep the Simple Circuit in mind when designing or prepping a rocket with a Raven!

Dan has actually solved one problem that turned me off from using Ravens. I really disliked the way they had to be wired up. I know I could easily have dealt with the issue - I was just too lazy.

Thanks to everyone that has ordered, I'm excited by the amount of interest this has drawn! Keep the Simple Circuit in mind when designing or prepping a rocket with a Raven!

Remarkably, mine arrived in today's mail. They are very nicely done. Thanks!

Hope mine went out today! Potential launch next weekend!

I just have one conflict with the Raven now. I need to slave the LED but that's a conversation for another thread.

-Mike

I got mine today and it's smaller in person and I love the purple PCB.

If you own a Raven and not this, get one!

Last edited:
I received mine as well, very nice job all around and quick shipping from Andrew. So glad that it is the same width as the Raven, the power perch makes it difficult to install on some 38mm sleds. Also the fact that I can use my own switch and battery is a nice bonus. Thanks for making my life a little easier :)

This makes me want to repair or replace my crashed Raven.

Any plans for a Telemetrum version?

What's needed on the Telemetrum? I believe they all have dedicated terminals, but maybe I'm wrong?

The Telemetrums do have dedicated terminals, and I certainly see the added convenience with your system and the Raven. That being said, the ease of moving from one rocket to another is a major selling point for me.

The Telemetrums do have dedicated terminals, and I certainly see the added convenience with your system and the Raven. That being said, the ease of moving from one rocket to another is a major selling point for me.

Oh okay, I see what you're saying now. We targeted the Raven primarily because of the wiring difficulty, the portability improvement was a happy byproduct. Is there a significant enough market for various altimeters for us to go down this road?

Be on the look out for Andrew at LDRS with the Simple Circuit ready to sell!

Hope everyone is having fun in Maryland, it's a shame I missed it this year!

I am at M13 with camera shrouds and the Simple Circuits.

I will be helping out a lot on the range today so if you can't find me, shoot me an email with your number and we can arrange to meet up. I'll be checking my mail religiously.

-Andrew

Back