The Sim That Unlocked OpenRocket for me...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this...

Many years ago, I was still struggling with figuring out OpenRocket... neil_w's tutorials helped, but I still couldn't quite grasp some of the details on using decals. Then I found this sim...

1610457901830.png

It was made by Spanish Tripoli member Jesus Manuel Recuenco Andres*. I've tried to contact him many years ago, but things fell through, and I wasn't able to reach him. I lost my copy of the sim (and the images I had made from it) when my HD melted down in 2016. Turns out, this sim, and other examples of his art are archived in the official OpenRocket site (which I just re-discovered earlier today). I'm sure I've seen Jesus's work appear in articles on a missile somewhere, but that article has since been lost with the aforementioned HD failure.

It was by reverse engineering his sim, I was able to crack the mysteries of OR.

*He identified himself in the documentation found in the sim.

Attachments

• EXOCET AM39.ork
    125.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
How did he get fins to model correctly on the boat tail?
Sorry, didn't see your post until now.

He didn't... He attached his rear fins to the body tube (labeled Seccion propulsora) ahead of them, then shifted them rearwards. The fin tab fills in the gap between the bottom of the "exposed" fin, and the boat tail.

For more on attaching fins to boat tails and other transitions, I'll point you over to my tutorial on the topic.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/kteshs-openrocket-tutorials.62884/post-1595653

Back