The Rokitflite Fake-Wulf Is Ready!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes folks, use your better judgement(and Scott's accurate warning) before putting a C6 in it. I had successfully flown and recovered on a C6 before, and got a little cocky today. I thought for sure I would get SOME turn out of it, like it did every other flight, but no luck. I did spray the lighter of the two wings with dullcoat to see if that would help level the glide out, and I think it worked too well. It just sailed over the trees at the NARHAM launch, never to be seen again. Scott found himself apologizing for my stupidity! :surprised:
Yeah, you should be ashamed of yourself Scott! How dare you design a boost glider that actually works.:lol:

Craig, and yours was a stock build w/o using any trim tabs or anything, right? I wonder if the dullcoat really made the difference in having it fly level on the last flight.

Craig, and yours was a stock build w/o using any trim tabs or anything, right? I wonder if the dullcoat really made the difference in having it fly level on the last flight.

Correct, no trim tab. The maiden flight I used a trim tab, thinking it would need one since it was slightly off balance. All that did was make it spiral downward after separation, and crushed the nose upon impact. Next flight, I took the trim tab off and it flew fine. The right wing wanted to dig down a little, but that didn't matter much, it helped get some turn out of it, and it was gliding well. All three successful flights, prior to losing it, displayed the same glide pattern and turn. I can only deduce from the last flight, that adding an extra coat of clear spray on one side helped level out the glide, which was my intention. But like I said, it worked too well. It's the only change I made to plane from the previous flight. Anyone who witnessed the flight can tell you, it just made a b-line for the trees and showed now signs of coming back. The wind probably helped carry it away, there was a pretty steady breeze Saturday.

Per, I was so wrapped up, I forgot to congratulate you on a successful flight. Good job. Welcome to the club!:congrats:

Craig,

Bummer on the Fake Wulf loss. Maybe next time you won't try and take the turn out of it.

But the nature of gliders is to fly away from you. No matter how you try and tame them, their rebellious instincts kick in and they turn away from you and go.

At least that's what happens to most of my gliders. For some reason they are attracted to the Amesbury swamp.

[Snip] But the nature of gliders is to fly away from you. No matter how you try and tame them, their rebellious instincts kick in and they turn away from you and go.

At least that's what happens to most of my gliders. For some reason they are attracted to the Amesbury swamp.

Bob,
That’s funny. I have never seen the swamp at Amesbury. Then again, I know the hill by the condos very well. Thorns and all.
Regards,
Mike

Is anybody planning to do a review of this kit for EMRR?

I was planning to do a review after my flights (plural with fingers crossed) on Saturday. Unfortunately my wife or son deleted the construction pictures from the digital camera before I could download them :cry:. I am sure there are a couple of people doing a review of such a wonderful rocket.

--- Ron

Is anybody planning to do a review of this kit for EMRR?
I was planning to do one after I tried to see if I could introduce a turn with a small piece of trim tab. Unfortunately, our July launch was cancelled so........... I haven't tested that yet.

Review has been submitted. Just need to submit photos and post a flight log.:cool:

Edited: Just sent pics to EEMR.

Are there any more of these kits left? I read most of the thread, but I'm sure I could have missed such an announcement.

Buy one they are great :) Mine goes up tommorrrow if there is no wind :)
Cheers
fred

The kit showed up today. Thanks for the excellently quick turnaround on the order, Scott!

I do have a bone to pick with you. After all that hype I was convinced that I was gonna get a free ferret. And yet, when I opened the box, there was nary a kibble-nibbler to be found! Did she escape? Was she ferret-napped while in the post? Enquiring minds want to know... :rotflol:

Got mine in the mail today. I haven't opened it yet, and I'm impressed already. It is about time someone laser cut the parts all the way out.

Oh yeah, and instructions on a CD. You're appealing to my inner geek.
1126-FU-P.jpg

The graphics are awesome as well.

I do have a bone to pick with you. After all that hype I was convinced that I was gonna get a free ferret. And yet, when I opened the box, there was nary a kibble-nibbler to be found! Did she escape? Was she ferret-napped while in the post? Enquiring minds want to know... :rotflol:

Well,
The one I probably SHOULD have sent you is my newest girl "Tootie" (I didn't name her). She is one heck of a thief though. ANYTHING in a plastic bag gets dragged off and chewed. I caught her pulling a Red Max kit backwards up the stairs last week and I wish I had a camera handy. So you should be happy Will that YOU got the Fake Wulf kit and Tootie didn't!:D

Got mine in the mail today. I haven't opened it yet, and I'm impressed already. It is about time someone laser cut the parts all the way out.

Oh yeah, and instructions on a CD. You're appealing to my inner geek.
1126-FU-P.jpg

The graphics are awesome as well.

Heh, to tell you the truth I hate cutting and cleaning off those few little tabs on laser cut fins that remain on the sheet... I have gotten real lazy so I pass my laziness on to my kit:D I also find it easier to pack that way. Glad you like the art work... I had hoped a few of the facecards would end up hanging on workshop walls;). Enjoy it!!!

Back