The Rocketry Show, Season 2, Episode No. 7 is posted! Charlie Savoie from Aerotech

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgould

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
The Rocketry Show, Season 2, Episode No. 7 is posted!

In this episode, CG, Gheem, and Daniel the Rocket n00b catch up on things, talk about spray paint woes.

Charles Savoie, General Manager for Aerotech joins us in part one of our great interview with him.
We talk about some of the history of Aerotech, some Quest Aerospace news and some fun conversations about motors.

You can find The Rocketry Show on iTunes, or can search for it on your smartphone podcast app. We are available through the Stitcher, Pocket Casts, Downcast, and Tune-In smart phone apps among many others!

Or, listen through our website:
https://www.therocketryshow.com/the-rocketry-show-s2-episode-7-paint-cans-and-rocket-motors/

Enjoy!

-CG

I REALLY hope it's positive.....

Scheduling a listen for this tomorrow. Hopefully the myriad of distractions in my daily routine don't hit critical mass!

I REALLY hope it's positive.....

Scheduling a listen for this tomorrow. Hopefully the myriad of distractions in my daily routine don't hit critical mass!

I just hope my daily routine hits critical mass within my myriad distractions. :)

I am flying back home tomorrow. I have a hour and a half with nothing to do! Just downloaded the episode so I am ready to go. Good times.

A point of clarification concerning a comment on this episode.

During the interview with Charlie Savoie, questions were asked about Gary Rosenfield's background and history with making rocket motors/where he had worked in the past.
One of the hosts stated Gary had worked for Enerjet.
That is incorrect. Gary was a big fan of Enerjet but he was in his teens/early 20s when Enerjet existed.
The first rocket company Gary worked for was Whittaker-Bermite Corporation of Santa Clarita, California (North of Los Angeles). He was a propellant chemist and worked on the development of the Mk36 low-smoke solid rocket motor for the AIM-9 Sidewinder missile.
Gary left Bermite and went to work for Aerojet in Sacramento, California.
It was while at Aerojet that Gary started up AeroTech in his garage.
Also working at Aerojet was Dan Meyer who Gary had met years earlier at NAR events.
Dan and Gary decided to set up their own professional rocket company and this became Industrial Solid Propulsion (ISP).

Better late than never..... I just checked out this edition and as always, very well done guys! Looking forward to Part 2 :).

Back