The race is on eh!? (X-prize)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there funded by golden palace? :confused: the spyware full annoying icon downloading company? weird...

All the more reason to cheer for Burt Rutan then ;)

PS: Edit your post and replace "there" with "T-h-e-y-'-r-e" or else with the two words "They are"...

Quick hide! The grammar police have arrived :rolleyes:

with all the budding and practicing rocket scientists here, i find it mind-boggling that there is such a dearth of grammatical aptitude...

they're there, they're here, they're everywhere, i think they were going to lose the loose goose that was running loose in the desert chasing the man with the dessert. he came here to hear the steer, which tried to steer clear of the site. Oh what a sight, to see the sea seep unceasingly into the seething scene...

ack!
:D

"her aint a callin we, us dont belong to she!"

Theres a sentence with NOTHING RIGHT!! :D One of my relatives thought it up about 130 years ago... Sometime around then, I think... :rolleyes:

Anyways, back to the real topic. Go Spaceshipone!!!

The other one looks kewl too, but I want the American team to win... Nothing against the Canadians, of course. I just want SOME glory for the US.... :rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by Neil
The other one looks kewl too, but I want the American team to win... Nothing against the Canadians, of course. I just want SOME glory for the US.... :rolleyes: ;)

So, uh, first man on the moon wasn't enough, huh? :)

I give you this choice: either Canada gets the X-Prize, or you get CNN to refer to the shuttle's maniuplator by its proper name -- Canadarm -- instead of this generic "robot arm" garbage they're using now. The good people at SPAR Aerospace worked hard to make that thing, and they chose to name it Canadarm. We'd like some of our glory back, and while I would have preferred the Canadian Arrow team to win, if the DaVinci Project can do it, I'll live with that.

Besides, Burt Rutan may not be government funded (this time), but he's not exactly a guy building a suborbial rocket in his garage either. I want to see people building manned rockets the way they build kit airplanes.

Fine, so long as you rename it a name that is easily pronouncable.. Right now, said correctly, it's cana-darm... How smart does that sound? And you wonder why they say robotic arm...:kill:

Actually, this from the article worried me:
"We want to win the X Prize, we’ve got a very good shot of winning the X Prize, we are determined to win the X Prize," Feeney said during today’s announcement at Wild Fire’s Downsview Airport hangar. "The most important thing is that we compete."

No, I think the most important thing is safety...

Latest posts

Back