The Quest MLAS is available for purchase!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool rocket, I actually did the decals for that project for nasa (just their logo)

so I have to order one!

I do have to say this. $10.00 for shipping OUCH it weighs 18 oz's you can ship usps priority for $4.85 Quest should look into that.
I almost feel taken at that price!

One more question, its says B6-4 only How come? why not a C6-5? stability?

Last edited:
We have revised that, you can use either a B6-4 or a B6-2. But not both at the same time!

Very cool rocket, I actually did the decals for that project for nasa (just their logo)

so I have to order one!

I do have to say this. $10.00 for shipping OUCH it weighs 18 oz's you can ship usps priority for $4.85 Quest should look into that.
I almost feel taken at that price!

One more question, its says B6-4 only How come? why not a C6-5? stability?

18oz Priority mail is not 4.85. Thats for 1 lb. However your right that $10 is a tad high.

This is a kit that I really want, but do not want to pay really high shipping charges to the UK. Does anyone know if any UK rocket stores are going to be selling this kit?

Thanks

Silverfish

Mine are on the way...ordered yesterday, picked up today, scheduled for Friday. IIRC my shipping was $11 for two of the kits and some other stuff (no motors).

18oz Priority mail is not 4.85. Thats for 1 lb. However your right that $10 is a tad high.

If you use a flat rate box, it is a specific price up to 70 lbs. I use them 3 or 4 times a day.... Out of almost 1000 packages I have sent out that way in the last year I have had problems with 3 one was bent badly one got lost and the other went to the wrong address. thats pretty darn good!

No biggie, I just thought it was a bit high, and I like to urge sellers to use Priority and flat rate boxes, they are cheap anywhere in the US.

I am sure the cool factor of the kit will mare than make up for it. I really cant wait to build and fly this one. ( i already ordered one)

If you use a flat rate box, it is a specific price up to 70 lbs. I use them 3 or 4 times a day.... Out of almost 1000 packages I have sent out that way in the last year I have had problems with 3 one was bent badly one got lost and the other went to the wrong address. thats pretty darn good!

No biggie, I just thought it was a bit high, and I like to urge sellers to use Priority and flat rate boxes, they are cheap anywhere in the US.

I am sure the cool factor of the kit will mare than make up for it. I really cant wait to build and fly this one. ( i already ordered one)

Where does the shipping come up? After you order?

Mine are on the way...ordered yesterday, picked up today, scheduled for Friday. IIRC my shipping was $11 for two of the kits and some other stuff (no motors).

That's too slow for me. :D

I've just returned home after a nearly 2000 mile round trip to the Quest plant where I picked up two of the MLAS kits (numbers 4 & 5 off the production line. Bill Stine even supplied 'Certificates of Authenticity' for my models). :eek:

Picture attached. ;)

Bill & Bob @ Quest with MLAS.jpg

This is one I really want.

How to break the news to SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED??

I've just returned home after a nearly 2000 mile round trip to the Quest plant where I picked up two of the MLAS kits (numbers 4 & 5 off the production line. Bill Stine even supplied 'Certificates of Authenticity' for my models). :eek:

Picture attached. ;)

:y:

I'm jealous that you got one before me, of course, but that seems a bit extreme. And I thought I was over the deep end :D

Picture attached. ;)

Hey, I met that guy! I even showed him some secret stuff...

attachment.php

This is one I really want.

How to break the news to SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED??

Rule 1: Have your own checking account and credit/debit card. (If you both work, pay more than your share of the bills, so she has disposable income also.)
Rule 2: Leave purchases in your car, or in the garage until late at night, and transfer them to your shop late at night. (If your garage is your shop, this rule is much easier to carry out.)
Alternate Rule 2 start: If shipping, ship purchases to a friend, or to work, then resume back to Rule 2.
Rule 3: Buy her flowers and candy occasionally, not only because it helps keep her off guard as to your purchases, but it is just the right thing to do anyway.
Rule 4: Encourage her to have a hobby, and enthusiastically support it.

Note: This plan works for other activities such as firearms and ammo purchases. It is not just limited to hobbies.

Lee (married for 35 years, and follower of this plan for the last 15.)

Last edited:
Where does the shipping come up? After you order?

On my website? yes but it is very standard on my site. you place an order I charge $5.95 for priority, that includes insurance. NO MATTER HOW BIG THE ORDER!

I think you need one of the Official MLAS decals to go with that rocket, I can hook you up!:D

(snip)
Get it here....

Do you think this kit could be adapted to stage like the real one, and shed all the other parts like the real one, and use a million parachutes on all the separated pieces?

On my website? yes but it is very standard on my site. you place an order I charge $5.95 for priority, that includes insurance. NO MATTER HOW BIG THE ORDER!

I think you need one of the Official MLAS decals to go with that rocket, I can hook you up!:D

When does shipping come up for you on our site when you order?

Yes, the shipping cost only shows up at check out and there is no FAQ to give an estimated cost for order planning. The $10 shipping cost tends to discourage smaller orders. My last order was a bulk pack of Q2G2 igniters at ~ $16 cost plus $10 shipping. The igniters are useful enough to justify the extra cost (and have to be shipped like engines), but smaller kits (gliders, etc) will have to wait till I can justify the expense of a large order.

Last edited:
Unfortunately if you are using paypal (any seller) it is difficult to show shipping until you get to that point of sale. this is one drawback to selling with paypal.

For me the $10 was steep but the rocket seems to be well worth it ! I am very excited to receive this one!

So does that mean that you could make the decals for me if I wanted to do a REALLY BIG upscale of the Quest kit? :D

Because if I can't get the decals for it, I won't bother. ;) :p

MarkII

You guys should have talked .... a little handshaking and an MLAS sticker could have been included in every Quest MLAS box. :)

That would have been very cool. I will say this I have a few about 20 left over
(they were ones I was not 100% happy with how they peeled from the backing)
I would be happy to sell them to anyone for $3.00 each plus shipping! But only if they order the kit first LOL

check out the picture.

So does that mean that you could make the decals for me if I wanted to do a REALLY BIG upscale of the Quest kit? :D

Because if I can't get the decals for it, I won't bother. ;) :p

MarkII

Mark, yes I can. for me the bigger the better!!

Last thing ,I got the kit in the mail today I guess the $10.00 was worth it. (2 days to get here) the kit is well put together. the instructions are awesome.
the capsule looks like a little work (Styrofoam needs filling) but very well made. Laser cut balsa fins, nice centering rings, and nice decal set.
Guess I better scan those in before I start the build!
the only thing I see I dont like. the body tube is VERY thin. I would have preferred a little heavier cardboard! I cant wait to get into the build!

Picture 003.jpg

Last edited:
That would have been very cool. I will say this I have a few about 20 left over
(they were ones I was not 100% happy with how they peeled from the backing)
I would be happy to sell them to anyone for $3.00 each plus shipping! But only if they order the kit first LOL

check out the picture.

Mark, yes I can. for me the bigger the better!!

Last thing ,I got the kit in the mail today I guess the $10.00 was worth it. (2 days to get here) the kit is well put together. the instructions are awesome.
the capsule looks like a little work (Styrofoam needs filling) but very well made. Laser cut balsa fins, nice centering rings, and nice decal set.
Guess I better scan those in before I start the build!
the only thing I see I dont like. the body tube is VERY thin. I would have preferred a little heavier cardboard! I cant wait to get into the build!

I did the instructions and the package design, I'm glad you like it.

I did the instructions and the package design, I'm glad you like it.

Oh yeah the Box was awesome to, way better than a Plastic bag :D

I never got an answer before.. why no C6-5 or C6-3 option? stability?

thanks again!

Mine came today and I pretty much agree with the comments made above. Most of the build is pretty standard stuff. The main gotcha will be the foam safe paint. I likely will do the body with my 'normal' paint and some cheapo acryllic brush-on for the cone.

The lag bolt in the tip of the nose should provide a point to add a tad more weight for larger motors. I think I'll build mine stock, fly it that way and then use the actual CG as the target on the modified version. I'll also be building an Rsim, because that's what I do.

:cheers:

Back