The "Post a scene, guess the movie" thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord, someone else knows this films besides me (it's one of my all time favourites.....I even named one of my rockets Love, Blood & Rhetoric)

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead.

oh, and #2453 is Leon the Professional.

s6
I saw, at a party, this and Mel Gibson's Hamlet.

teh 'party favours' made both films meld together.. quite the experience to see the same story from two different perspectives!

teh bits they both got up to was amazing! and their match game on the tennis / badminton court..

OK, so how many have looked (and guessed) a few of these, and have gone out to watch it (again)

How many have watched / "rented" one of the posted movies based on the posting & the feed back?

View attachment 571204
"we just squashed a car". "what kind of a car was it?" "it was a volkswagen beetle" "oh no, we just squashed a beetle!"
View attachment 571206
No one guessed this movie?! Another hint:
1680471869242-png.572289

1680471939359.png

I'm going to add a twist to the game with the next few posts.
All of these screenshot/scenes reference, or are inspired by, paintings....usually fairly famous ones.
Name the film, and/or name the painting being referenced (bonus points for getting both correct).

I'll start off (relatively) easy, at least for either the film or the painting.
Then they will start getting more challenging.

View attachment 571980
View attachment 571981
View attachment 571982
View attachment 571983

s6
I may be late here,...

#1: MASH the movie
#2: The Watchmen

I may be late here,...

#1: MASH the movie
#2: The Watchmen
Not too late, you are the first with the answer for these.
Though I was just about to give up and post the answers to these posts, as it seems hardly anyone is getting them or even trying.

#2425/1 = M*A*S*H - The Last Supper, Leonardo da Vinci
trf msh.jpg

#2425/2 = Watchmen - The Last Supper, Leonardo da Vinci
trf wtchmn.jpg

s6

Last edited:
#2479 = Space Truckers (this one is a guess for me, based on Dennis Hopper....haven't seen the movie)
#2480 = Deer Hunter
#2481 = King Kong (another guess, but I'm pretty sure it's correct)

s6

#2481 = King Kong (another guess, but I'm pretty sure it's correct)
👍
The reason I remember this movie is not because of the action sequences, but because you knew what Naomi Watts' character was thinking without her uttering a single word.
Just from the eyes and facial expressions.
Now that's acting.

Back