The "Post a scene, guess the movie" thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#2425 and 2426: No idea on the films but I can name some of the paintings.
2425 #4 is The Last Supper, artist ?
2426 #1 looks like Venus de Milo, artist ?. Maybe Michelangelo.
#2 looks like a Norman Rockwell painting,
#3 is a famous painting of a farmer holding a pitchfork and his wife beside him.
But don't remember the title or artist.
EDIT: Oh wait. American Gothic?
#4. For some reason I recall the name Marquis de Sade. Probably completely wrong.

Last edited:
2426 #1 is Venus Rising. Venus de Milo is an equally famous sculpture.

Yes, American Gothic. Subtly; it's the couple in the background.

No, I don't think that last one has anything to do with De Sade (after whom sadism is named).

Is that Mel Brooks in the background of the last Last Supper? If so, it must be History of the World Part 1.

#2425 and 2426: No idea on the films but I can name some of the paintings.
2425 #4 is The Last Supper, artist ?
2426 #1 looks like Venus de Milo, artist ?. Maybe Michelangelo.
#2 looks like a Norman Rockwell painting,
#3 is a famous painting of a farmer holding a pitchfork and his wife beside him.
But don't remember the title or artist.
EDIT: Oh wait. American Gothic?
#4. For some reason I recall the name Marquis de Sade. Probably completely wrong.
2425/4 -- Correct on the name of the painting (the Last Supper)
2426/1 --- your are warm on the name of the painting, incorrect on the artist
2426/2 --- incorrect (but I see the similarity)
2426/3 --- Correct on the name of the painting.
2426/4 --- you are warm on the name, but incorrect.

s6

Last edited:
2426 #1 is Venus Rising. Venus de Milo is an equally famous sculpture.

Yes, American Gothic. Subtly; it's the couple in the background.

No, I don't think that last one has anything to do with De Sade (after whom sadism is named).

Is that Mel Brooks in the background of the last Last Supper? If so, it must be History of the World Part 1.

Correct notes (mostly).
The name of the painting is The Birth of Venus....though this of course is an English translation (as will be many of the "correct" answers....case in point, da Vinci did not actually name his painting The Last Supper, but rather L'Ultima Cena, or Il Cenacolo). Still need the film and/or the artist on Venus.

Yes, you got History of the World Part 1, and Mel Brooks.

s6

Last edited:
Re: my flm/paintings series....these have been correctly identified, albeit from a combination of entries:

#2425 / 4 = History of the World, Part 1 - The Last Supper, Leonardo da Vinci
(and if it isn't already obvious, all four films in this post reference the same painting).
filmart1.jpg

#2426 / 3 = the Rocky Horror Picture Show - American Gothic, Grant Wood
(also a fun little note, the couple in the background are actually the characters RiffRaff and Magenta)

filmart2.jpg

Some other close guesses, but not complete enough yet to be correct.
s6

I remember going to the "Blue Mouse" theatre in Salt Lake City to watch Rocky Horror. They had a stage and many people played the parts on stage. One time, I almost got the courage to go up on stage. :( Sounds like fun tho.

Leonardo ... Michaelangelo ... Oh I know!

film.jpg

These are all guesses as I've not seen the films in question (at least I think I haven't)...

2438 = Fatal Attraction?
2440 = don't know the film, but I think that's Jeff Bridges?
2442 = Hangover?

And 2443 is obviously the teenage mutant ninja turtles, but I don't know the movie, or even if there might be different ones, so I'll guess Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

s6

Next bunch in the film/painting series.
These are likely a bit trickier, but none of these films and paintings/artists are obscure.

trf si.jpg
trf eots.jpg
trf clckorg.jpg

s6

It would be helpful if, when a movie is identified, the original poster would edit the post and add a link to the correct guess.

This way, readers know it has been solved and they can click to get the answer if they want to know.

This would be easy if guesses are done via "reply", so the original post is linked. The original poster can right click on the answer post# to copy the link, then paste that into the original post.

These are all guesses as I've not seen the films in question (at least I think I haven't)...

2438 = Fatal Attraction?
2440 = don't know the film, but I think that's Jeff Bridges?
2442 = Hangover?

And 2443 is obviously the teenage mutant ninja turtles, but I don't know the movie, or even if there might be different ones, so I'll guess Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

s6
3 out of 3. It is a Jeff Bridges film.

The Bridges movie is Fearless, which was inspired by the United Flight 232 that crashed in an Iowa cornfield in 1989. Bridges character survives the plane crash unscathed and the film deals with the psychological impact that has on him. A really good flick.images (3).jpeg

The Octogon? Sorry if this was answered already.
It was answered correctly as Game of Death (Kareem and Bruce Lee).

It would be helpful if, when a movie is identified, the original poster would edit the post and add a link to the correct guess.
I agree it’s a lot of work for everyone.

This way, readers know it has been solved and they can click to get the answer if they want to know.

This would be easy if guesses are done via "reply", so the original post is linked. The original poster can right click on the answer post# to copy the link, then paste that into the original post.
Sounds like a good idea.

Unfortunately I just tried to do that, and apparently I can't edit posts a certain ways back. Not sure the cutoff time but I wasn't able to edit the first couple of original posts I tried. Most of mine have no guesses anyway, but I did "close out" a bunch of posts and gave the answers for them. That is in this post... https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/the-post-a-scene-guess-the-movie-thread.177969/post-2411659

s6

Great suggestion! Wild do henceforth!

Back