The "Post a scene, guess the movie" thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a number of duplicates. I don’t think it really matters if it’s a different scene.

I agree! As such, I'll throw this one out.View attachment 570232
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

"Dance a little sidestep! Now you see me now you don't, I'm come and gone!"

Little background: BLWiTX is based upon a real whorehouse, called The Chicken Ranch, outside of LaGrange, Texas. (Yes, ZZ Top had a song about it, "They gotta lotta nice girls.") Marvin Zindler ("Eyewitness News!") was a Consumer Affairs Advocate on TV. He wanted to become nationally famous, like another Houstonian, Dan Rather. While Dan became nationally famous by excellent reporting during Hurricane Carla (my middle sister was born two days after Carla left the Texas coast), Marvin decided to expose The Chicken Ranch, the state's oldest continually operating house of ill-repute. Marvin called them "Bawdy Houses" on air.

Marvin decided to descend upon the Chicken Ranch with a camera crew during the annual after-Thanksgiving party paid for by the Former Student Association of Texas A&M, as they had won the annual game vs. University of Texas on Thanksgiving day. The Aggies hadn't won against the Longhorns in quite some time, so imagine how happy the team was to be celebrating that year. Along came Marvin and crew and broke up the party.

The Chicken Ranch ended up moving to Nevada and renaming itself The Mustang Ranch, while a Broadway musical and a movie were made about the situation.

Oh, and unlike Dom Deluise's character in the musical, Marvin had been born in Houston. His dad owned Zindler's Big and Tall shops.

Last edited:
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

"Dance a little sidestep! Now you see me now you don't, I'm come and gone!"

Little background: BLWiTX is based upon a real whorehouse, called The Chicken Ranch, outside of LaGrange, Texas. (Yes, ZZ Top had a song about it, "They gotta lotta nice girls.") Marvin Zindler ("Eyewitness News!") was a Consumer Affairs Advocate on TV. He wanted to become nationally famous, like another Houstonian, Dan Rather. While Dan became nationally famous by excellent reporting during Hurricane Carla (my middle sister was born two days after Carla left the Texas coast), Marvin decided to expose The Chicken Ranch, the state's oldest continually operating house of ill-repute. Marvin called them "Bawdy Houses" on air.

Marvin decided to descend upon the Chicken Ranch with a camera crew during the annual after-Thanksgiving party paid for by the Former Student Association of Texas A&M, as they had won the annual game vs. University of Texas on Thanksgiving day. The Aggies hadn't won against the Longhorns in quite some time, so imagine how happy the team was to be celebrating that year. Along came Marvin and crew and broke up the party.

The Chicken Ranch ended up moving to Nevada and renaming itself The Mustang Ranch, while a Broadway musical and a movie were made about the situation.

Oh, and unlike Dom Deluise's character in the musical, Marvin had been born in Houston. His dad owned Zindler's Big and Tall shops.
You got it! Charles Durning stole the movie with that scene imo.

1657 = Midnight Cowboy
1658 = Midnight Express

midnight-in-the-garden-of-good-and-evil-1997-john-cusack-kevin-spacey-pic-3.jpg

mdntsky.jpg

s6

Last edited:
Hint on this one......it's known for the moon and the starr.
Bonus points if you state why that is.
Rock on! *.

moonstarr2.jpg
(* = more bonus points for stating that reference)

s6

Ringo Starr and Keith Moon.

I don't know the movie.
Close enough....yes the movie had Ringo Starr and Keith Moon in it......name was "That'll Be the Day".
But the lead/star (seen in the pic with Ringo) was David Essex (of "Rock On" fame).

s6

Back