• No

• My browser doesnt support images, so I dont know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chrisn

Reaction score
Old:

Vs

Worse:

Is this the one which won the logo contest, which I just remembered had happened?

Last edited:

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Is this the one which won the logo contest, which I just remembered had happened?
No. It's just canned artwork that is acting as a placeholder until Troy announces/decides what has been chosen for a new TRF 2.0 logo. that's just one of those things that, with busy work schedules in real life, etc, is in process but just hasn't happened yet.

AKPilot

Reaction score
The reality is I've already inititated a logo with a graphic artist. The Staff can atest to that.

If all goes well and provided I get some sleep, after catching a red-eye back from Seattle last night/today, I have to clarify my ideas with the individual.

There's a date for an anticipated roll-out, provided I get caught up on life.

shrox

Reaction score
The reality is I've already inititated a logo with a graphic artist. The Staff can atest to that.

If all goes well and provided I get some sleep, after catching a red-eye back from Seattle last night/today, I have to clarify my ideas with the individual.

There's a date for an anticipated roll-out, provided I get caught up on life.
Well, geez, I thought I was going to do it. Oh well.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
I have no idea why anyone wanted to change the logo. There was nothing wrong with the old one.

cls

Reaction score
I voted "yes", I liked the old logo better - but let me say, there's nothing wrong with the new one! silly thing to talk about anyways, back to building...

dwmzmm

Reaction score
I'm a big Saturn fan, so I support the current logo.....:D:D:D

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
The current logo might work better if it were rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. That way it wouldn't create so much white space at the top of each page.

-- Roger

Delta-IV

Reaction score
The current logo might work better if it were rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. ......

-- Roger
If I remember correctly that was the tumbling orientation of my Dr Zooch Saturn V as it was about to hit you...luckly you were able to make that sideways step.. ;)

SaturnV.jpg

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
If I remember correctly that was the tumbling orientation of my Dr Zooch Saturn V as it was about to hit you...luckly you were able to make that sideways step.. ;)
I dunno ... I might have been inspired by that. But, it was all a blur to me at the time .....

Edit: On second thought ... I did suggest rotating the image CCW, not clockwise to better match your rocket's trajectory as I saw it!

-- Roger

MarkII

Reaction score
Give TRF a new logo and a new look? Sure, why not? Every web site can use a freshening up from time to time. I'm not saying necessarily that the current logo is better, but I do agree with Dave - I like Saturns, too! I was really looking forward to seeing what Shrox came up with, though. :D

MarkII

andytherocketeer

Reaction score
The old one was just a public domain image afaik (well the graphic part of it was).

I errmm... nuked the images that take up too much vertical space of the screen, which the new one does. The old one was in "landscape" and was not so hungry, so I'd suggest that the new logo is also has a vertical height no higher than the old one. Not a problem on a 1920x1200 desktop, but a massive problem on a diminutive 1024x600 eee PC