The Official TRF Cat Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new kitten. I named him Judas. Judas Peirce. 🤘🤘
I tried to name my son Judas but no one would let me😁😁. So the poor kitten has to deal with my sense of humor😁

Attachments

• D3F1980B-1E45-41E7-A6A7-C0132DC3330F.jpeg
    D3F1980B-1E45-41E7-A6A7-C0132DC3330F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
My new kitten. I named him Judas. Judas Peirce. 🤘🤘
I tried to name my son Judas but no one would let me😁😁. So the poor kitten has to deal with my sense of humor😁
One of my best friends wanted to name his firstborn son "Kermit". He argued that it was a good German name---he was of German descent. His wife overruled him, and he wisely accepted that the problems associated with school kids mocking his son would be significant.

This is Stormy. We had a problem with her sleeping and otherwise hanging out on the kitchen counter. So, my wife put this basket on the tiny table (it has trivets and dog training collars in it) next to the counter.

She still gets on the counter occasionally, but spends most of her time right here. And, if you catch her on the counter, you just have to call her out, and she goes right back to her basket.
20221115_211828.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing interesting, just Olive chilling on the couch. She loves to sit on stuff (blanket, newspaper, grocery store bag, you name it.). She hasn't sat on the couch for a month or so, but the wife flopped a blanket up on top and next thing you know she's there.

Second picture is one of her favorite places. The garage gets frogs, mice, bugs etc and she's in hunt mode. Guessing a mouse, but not sure.

Sandy.

Attachments

• IMG_5753.JPG
    IMG_5753.JPG
    913.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5754.JPG
    IMG_5754.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
We lost two of our cats in the past two months, Louie (black, foreground) to some kind of digestion issue and Agate (orange) to cancer. Dot (black, background) is still with us, but it's lonelier. Louie slept between our pillows and Agate slept by my feet.

IMG_4017.JPG

Louie was a lover, best friends with everyone. Agate had a voice like a chain smoker and wouldn't jump up but would climb like she was a human on a frozen waterfall. She also tended to fall asleep face-first in her oatmeal.

IMG_4416.JPG

We lost two of our cats in the past two months, Louie (black, foreground) to some kind of digestion issue and Agate (orange) to cancer. Dot (black, background) is still with us, but it's lonelier. Louie slept between our pillows and Agate slept by my feet.

View attachment 551332

Louie was a lover, best friends with everyone. Agate had a voice like a chain smoker and wouldn't jump up but would climb like she was a human on a frozen waterfall. She also tended to fall asleep face-first in her oatmeal.

View attachment 551334

So sorry to hear that, not easy to lose one, but even worse with such a short time between the hardship.

Sandy.

This is a couple of the kittens. I took it in July. They are 3 or 4 times that size now. We had our carpet and tile cleaned today and yesterday. We got the kittens in the garage. It was the first time they had seen the garage. The other cats knew something was up and hid. My garage has AC/heat so we were all comfy. I brought out the cat trees and all their stuff.
20220731_205450[1675].jpgI got a box from Apogee. If you have got a package from them. You know how much paper they use. I had a 4" BT and three 3" tubes. So, that doesn't take up much space. I made a pile of paper on the floor. They went crazy. Under it, through it, over it. When they flattened it I would pile it back up and they would do it again. Wash, rinse, repeat. I hung out in the garage working on rockets and surfing the web and keeping them company. Wife is happy with the floor. It looks brand new..

Darn near all the posts with pics make me want to say 'What are you doin!?!?!?!' as many cat owners would completely understand, I believe. Olive generally either stops what she was doing (that she shouldn't be doing) or just rolls over and shows me her belly.

I wonder when they have the big cat council meeting every month if they ask about why the humans keep asking about what they are doing when it is completely obvious that they are either sleeping, terrorizing or redecorating. Seems to be what my experience has shown at least. Oh, wait, eating. . . that is another one they seem to do from time to time.

Thanks for the July kitten pics. For reference, it looks like the grey cat is asking the orange cat 'What are you doin?!?!?!?' as well. They are likely in human training mode, at this stage, IMO.

Sandy.

Collared little dude showed up in my back yard this morning. Very friendly. Heard me talking on the phone outside this evening and came over from the park, started rolling around to be petted. He had a name and phone number on his collar tag. I was able to text his owner and let them know where he was. A happy ending.

Back