The Official TRF Cat Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I have three rescue cats. Pictured is Stormie who just turned 14 this month. She was left in a Target parking lot according to a couple of workers. We literally lassoed her from a storm drain with the help of the assistant manager from the nearby Petsco, who had a large dog leash in her car. Landed her after a 3 hour battle with the help of kibble as bait. She has learned what it is to be a Princess - as she constantly reminds us of her status. The vet says that she is in kidney failure, but we are working hard to releive the symptoms and giving her lots of Love. Our other two are Effie (15) and Morris (12). Both were rescued from the area around the school where Cindy used to work - Effie Morris Elementary.
Chas

Attachments

• Stormie and Chas.jpg
    Stormie and Chas.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Me too. These are the two ferals that have claimed the front porch. Had them neutered and vaccinated for rabies and feline leukemia. Apparently, they've forgiven me and are willing to exchange a bit of affection for food.:)
View attachment 532348
So, what sort of sharing arrangement do the two of them have for the single brain-cell between them? (I jest, as there's a subreddit called r/OneOrangeBraincell)

So, what sort of sharing arrangement do the two of them have for the single brain-cell between them? (I jest, as there's a subreddit called r/OneOrangeBraincell)
Thanks, I needed that today. Our orange cat has more than one brain cell, but most of them are devoted to catscaping her belly.

Me too. These are the two ferals that have claimed the front porch. Had them neutered and vaccinated for rabies and feline leukemia. Apparently, they've forgiven me and are willing to exchange a bit of affection for food.:)
View attachment 532348

The more tan one in the back looks like 'why are you HERE?' while the big orange in the fronts looks like "why are YOU here?"

Both beautiful cats and I hope you get pure joy when they are around!

My wife and I have three rescue cats. Pictured is Stormie who just turned 14 this month. She was left in a Target parking lot according to a couple of workers. We literally lassoed her from a storm drain with the help of the assistant manager from the nearby Petsco, who had a large dog leash in her car. Landed her after a 3 hour battle with the help of kibble as bait. She has learned what it is to be a Princess - as she constantly reminds us of her status. The vet says that she is in kidney failure, but we are working hard to releive the symptoms and giving her lots of Love. Our other two are Effie (15) and Morris (12). Both were rescued from the area around the school where Cindy used to work - Effie Morris Elementary.
Chas

Obviously your vet knows much more than I ever will, but when my wife's cat (since college when we weren't together yet, hence calling him her cat, not our cat) was having kidney problems, the vet mentioned different food, obviously. She googled around a bit and her take was to make his food at home, literally in a meat grinder, adding whatever vitamins etc. and feeding that instead of commercial food. He got better for a few years. I know of another person who had a dog with early kidney issues and switched commercial foods and that dog lived a good life for a few years as well.

While I don't know if I would recommend making the food at home (very time consuming, probably a few hours a week in big batches and kind-of gross), that was her boy and she was going to do anything she could. Hopefully Stormie is in an early stage and possibly a food change would help. If not, I agree with your current track of relief and love.

I hope for the best.

Sandy.

Nice. What does an electric lawnmower that size sound like? I assume the whirring of the blade still makes a pretty loud humming sound and drowns out the whine of the motor?
Quoting from the interweb:
"In the case of the EGO 56V Peak Power Self-Propelled Lawn Mower, we're talking about 81 dB(A). To put that into perspective, 81 decibels is equivalent to running your garbage disposal. Gas-powered mowers typically come in at around 96 dB(A), though ours measured 86—94 in no-load testing"

Quite a bit quieter than an ICE mower.

Rollerons on a sidewinder missile. Spin them up (compressed air I think) then when the missile launches the precession of the effective flywheels tweaks the tabs and stops the missile rolling.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolleron
I haven't tried one on a cat yet ;) .
How did *that* get here? Must have been on a Navy Tomcat... I would swear I told my cat to stay off of the laptop, and he always does what he's told!

No i dont

Back