The Official TRF Cat Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to our cats we foster kittens for a local animal shelter (my wife is on the board of directors). They needed to put on weight with multiple extra feedings which they would not have received at the shelter. Left to right: Snow White, Moonbeam, Swan, Dublin and Gypsy. They went back to the shelter last Friday and she brought home two more that need special attention as they have eye infections.

Snow White, Moonbeam, Swan, Dublin and Gypsy.jpg

The only decision they still have to agree on is wheteher to throw up a furball on your comfy socks, or your best shirt.... If they don't agree it will be one in each. Mwa ha ha ha....
None of our cats have ever been "payback"cats. I have known people that have cats with that behaviour though.

OdinInside.jpeg
This is Odin, our Porch Kitteh. He'll come inside and visit occasionally. He's definitely crepuscular. Never see him in the daytime, though he likes to see me off to work in the early hours.

Saturday, we're getting a new kitten for inside. The XYL says she wants a kitten, so she gets a kitten. Odin's pretty friendly, so I doubt there'll be any issues. We'll work them out.

There are no out door cats around here. At least in the long run. The old neighbor had two cats they let out. They lasted about two weeks before the coyotes got them. Not a good way to go. And I warned them.

Our three cats. The big long hair someone dropped over our fence. It took me three days to get him to come to me. Once I got him in the garage and feed he was fine. His name is Mr. Moto. The other two we rescued from a shelter. They had spent 6 months in a cage. They were practically feral. It took about 6 months before they were ok with us touching them. That was 3 years ago and now they want petted all the time. The black and white cat is Trinket and the grey one is Katness. Both are named after character's from the Hunger Games, which20180822_075715[940].jpg is one of my wife's favorite movies. They are all indoor cats. Cats outside don't last long before the coyotes get them.

This morning, at 2:00 AM, little miss Lagertha woke me up with purring, getting in my face, walking on top of me, etc. She eventually settled in laying on my hip, at least until I rolled over.

Our three cats. The big long hair someone dropped over our fence. It took me three days to get him to come to me. Once I got him in the garage and feed he was fine. His name is Mr. Moto. The other two we rescued from a shelter. They had spent 6 months in a cage. They were practically feral. It took about 6 months before they were ok with us touching them. That was 3 years ago and now they want petted all the time. The black and white cat is Trinket and the grey one is Katness. Both are named after character's from the Hunger Games, whichView attachment 475627 is one of my wife's favorite movies. They are all indoor cats. Cats outside don't last long before the coyotes get them.
Indoor cats tend to have longer and happier lives. Our cats were from a shelter and had always been indoors. We just left it that way.

Jim

My XYL, who is an RN, has informed me that Lagertha gets in my face and purrs, etc. because I wear a CPAP at night and the kitten is worried that I'm not feeling well and wants me to feel better.

This is Mister Blue Sky (aka Blue, Boo-boo, Booby-boy, and a bunch of other silly names). His mother was a rescue that ran off when she went into heat. She turned up later, *very* pregnant, and gave birth that night.

kittens3.jpg

For some reason, he decided he needed to sleep under the covers with me. He would also do this for naps.

06-08-07_1344.jpg

This is probably one of the best pictures I've ever taken. I shot it using a 35mm SLR with available light. Originally in color, then scanned and later made into B&W. The iris was stopped all the way down (open). This caused the depth of field to be almost nothing. If you look close, you can see that only his eyes are in focus, the tip of his nose and his ears are out of focus.

blue16b.jpg

He was the most easy-going and laid back cat I've ever had. He was very gentle and loving. I really miss him.

This is Mister Blue Sky (aka Blue, Boo-boo, Booby-boy, and a bunch of other silly names). His mother was a rescue that ran off when she went into heat. She turned up later, *very* pregnant, and gave birth that night.

View attachment 475981

For some reason, he decided he needed to sleep under the covers with me. He would also do this for naps.

View attachment 475982

This is probably one of the best pictures I've ever taken. I shot it using a 35mm SLR with available light. Originally in color, then scanned and later made into B&W. The iris was stopped all the way down (open). This caused the depth of field to be almost nothing. If you look close, you can see that only his eyes are in focus, the tip of his nose and his ears are out of focus.

View attachment 475983

He was the most easy-going and laid back cat I've ever had. He was very gentle and loving. I really miss him.
That is a truly awesome picture, the wide open f stop really makes it.

Jim

Fine example of Kit-Foo

075774a6-b48c-4032-8569-6e0bce142028-gif.4362898

Back