The Official TRF Cat Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I was taking some photos of my LM Quad 4 years ago, when Teddy came sauntering by.....

wZdaIEm.jpg

At least Teddy behaves himself, and does not claw or chew or damage stuff. Unlike his brother Checkers, who has a totally different personality. Checkers even found a way to open a sliding door (both cats being kept in a mudroom during night time) after I had come up with a device to keep it closed yet not drill anything into the wall or doorway. Had to record a video to find out how the heck he was doing it, to finally figure out a way to solve the problem.

Something I had not realized for awhile, is that whenever Teddy sees me, he looks at my face, pretty much every time (as in that photo). While Checkers is more likely to look at my feet or legs most of the time, unless he's meowing to get fed, THEN he might look up at my face.

Okay ya'll, meet Stripey! The older the more lazy she gets! Loves birds and ground squirrels, been known to bring them in the house and turn them loose to play.
Wife really freaks out when a wounded animal is running in the house!

Attachments

• 20210222_191734.jpg
    20210222_191734.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210222_191803.jpg
    20210222_191803.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210222_191824.jpg
    20210222_191824.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 18
This is the sweetest news - it made my day. I love cats a lot, and I'm constantly amazed at how cute and devoted they are. Recently, I've read an amazing article on https://news.kisspr.com about a cat that walked more than 30 km to find its owners. They moved to a new city and in order not to stress out their cat, they decided to leave it for a month with their friends. When the cat realized that the owners are not around, it disappeared. Two months later, a skinny and dirty cat was standing in front of its owners' door in the new city. I love these adorable stories, and I often come across this kind of article on Kisspr news. Have you read about a cat babysitter?
I swear, these bots are getting ridiculous. When do you think they’ll achieve sentience?

One of my cats, a bengal, 15 years old, and not in what I'd call great health.

I take him to the rocket shop and he will sit and watch as long as I pay a little attention to him.

IMG_0341.JPG

My son’s young cat. I think she’s on here before.
She usually stops by for about 5-10 minutes of lap time then is off to do more cat damage somewhere…
Unfortunately, my red Heeler in the background had to be put to sleep last Tuesday. 😢

Attachments

• 305BB005-01BF-44B2-B3BB-688C37BFDA2A.jpeg
    305BB005-01BF-44B2-B3BB-688C37BFDA2A.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 3B71B13A-9437-4F09-8A95-956B7FBD14DB.jpeg
    3B71B13A-9437-4F09-8A95-956B7FBD14DB.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 15
204E0130-C65E-45E8-8DAA-1195AD9855D5.jpeg
Agate on the left, Louie on the right with the bunny feet.

My oldest said that the pictures are like a medieval bestiary. “I hath seen this Beast with mine own eyes. It hath eight Feet with Razor Claws and one Head on each end. It is covered all over with Thick Furs.”

I don’t go out and get cats, they come to me.

one was I guess I step-cat, acquired by marriage. His name was Renegade, he was a Himalayan .

looked a lot like @Old School Doug ‘s cat. Anyway, I was never a cat person, and apparently Renegade wasn’t big on strangers, but for whatever reason he liked me. He would crawl into my lap while I worked on my computer, he wasn’t fat but he was a BIG cat. Was a challenge reaching OVER him to get to my keyboard. I don’t have a picture but he looked a lot like this

0234B078-E125-45FD-B600-1FF17A18178D.jpeg
According to my wife, that cat hid somewhere in the house all day until I came home. Then was out immediately when I sat down.

For Christmas one year I got him some fancy cat food and a blue and orange toy mouse. He turned up the his nose at the fancy cat food, but I put the toy mouse on a string and he’d play with me for hours. I didn’t think I was a cat person, but Renegade was just a great.

the second cat I inherited from my son, who had two cats and left one with us when he moved away. The one he left was named Chaos. Chaos loved to go outside every night and hunt, I think moles were her favorite prey, we’d find several our doorstep. One night she didn’t come home (I am afraid a coyote got her). My wife (true story) was wandering the neighborhood, calling out, “Chaos! Chaos! Chaaaaaaooooooos!”

all I was thinking was thank God it wasn’t our son’s OTHER cat that got lost. that cat’s name was Doom,

Cats 6-21 010.JPG
The long haired fellow who seems to prefer the inverted state is the world famous outlaw, Jesse James.
Cats 6-21 008.JPG
This is Jesse's sister, Belle Starr. Always recognizable due to her lipstick. We adopted Jesse and Belle from the Cat Care Society in Lakewood, CO about six years ago. They were the only survivors of their feline family. Both Jesse and Belle had been quite sick, but they pulled through in the finest traditions of the west. They seem to be partly Maine Coon, this is pretty visible on Jesse especially. Jesse is a big boy, but they are both very friendly, not at all aggressive.

Jim

I had a cat that would somehow get into the most unexpected places. I had a 15 gallon fish tank not in use placed on the top shelf of a book case in my room. One day I went in and was doing some things and looked up into a pair of green eyes staring at me. Scared the daylights outa me! There inside the fish tank sat Teka, looking out at the world.

1623679804900.png

Back