The OFFICIAL Stargate/SG1 VS thread...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a place to stream SG-1 for free? I've discovered it on my Netflix DVD plan but I don't know if I have time to watch it all before Netflix stops the DVD service.

Netflix has gotten very slow in their DVD system. I have a theory that they have closed some of their shipping centers and my disks are now coming from far away. Or maybe they have cut way back on their employees and they have a backlog. I used to be able to mail a disk on Monday and have a new one in my mailbox Wednesday, now if I mail a disk on Monday I might not get a new one until Friday or Saturday.
I'm sitting here surprised they still did the DVD rental stuff...

Not for free but it's available to stream on Amazon Prime.

I'm sitting here surprised they still did the DVD rental stuff...

Not for free but it's available to stream on Amazon Prime.
I don't understand how the business side of this works. I've had the DVD plan for a long time so I've kept it because they have a lot of titles available on DVD that are not available for streaming, and vice-versa. Having both plans gives better coverage. I don't know why they break it up this way and don't have everything available for streaming. They were soliciting questions from subscribers when they announced the end of the DVD service, I asked what they were going to do with their library and were they going to put it on streaming, I got no response.

Netflix is going to stop the DVD plan in 3 months so I am trying to cover the things on my list that I really want to see. I may have to up my plan to 4 disks a month to get it done. There are a lot of episodes of SG-1 available, and a few other misc. things I want to watch. I was watching Orphan Black for awhile but decided it was lower priority. I don't know if I'll want to go all the way through SG-1 but I'll have season 1 episodes about 4-8 in my mailbox today so we'll see how it goes.

I've seen Farscape and BSG, those are both series that I will want to rewatch occasionally. I'll probably want to rewatch Enterprise at some point in time. Otherwise it is hard for me to find a series that I will go out of my way to watch more than once.

They were soliciting questions from subscribers when they announced the end of the DVD service, I asked what they were going to do with their library and were they going to put it on streaming, I got no response.
Unfortunately streaming rights are different from DVD rights so no, Netflix won't be able to just put their entire DVD library online. Stargate is available to stream on Amazon because Amazon now owns MGM, which includes the Stargate IP.

Back