The Norse God Strikes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
(ROL Newswire) -- Loki Research has received its first set of EX
numbers from the US Department of Transportation and is now authorized to manufacture and ship propellant. "It's been a long road and this is a major milestone," says Jeff Taylor, president of Loki Research (a company with fewer than two employees). "We'll be demonstrating several future products at the upcoming LDRS 23 launch. The 38mm reloads are first in line for certification, 29mm motors will follow, and then larger motors. It's going to be a great summer!"

Cowabunga!

More fuel for the fire and the HQ is about 20 miutes from my office. Even closer to Dynasoar.

Yippee!

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
(ROL Newswire) -- Loki Research has received its first set of EX
numbers from the US Department of Transportation and is now authorized to manufacture and ship propellant. "It's been a long road and this is a major milestone," says Jeff Taylor, president of Loki Research (a company with fewer than two employees). "We'll be demonstrating several future products at the upcoming LDRS 23 launch. The 38mm reloads are first in line for certification, 29mm motors will follow, and then larger motors. It's going to be a great summer!"

Cowabunga!

More fuel for the fire and the HQ is about 20 miutes from my office. Even closer to Dynasoar.

Yippee!

Save On Shipping! Take Your Motor Maker To Lunch!
I wonder if he needs beta testers.

Jeff is at our MDRA launches most of the time. I had put in my 2cents (not that this will sway him - he's got to make money after all to stay in business) that I'd like to see high impulse 62.6 gm G's such as the G125s :)

Dynasoar, the line for the beta testers started before the announcements, methinks :D

p.s. If I were in that line my smiley would have been :p

if a little is good.. more is better!

any plans for 18mm motors/relaods?
the (supposedly) available one or two flavors seems kind of limiting...

Mr Snake

I think you would find thaT 38mm & 29mm are on the itsy bitsy side for Loki.

Jeff specializes in EX propulsion with motors that go up to 152mm

Might be a while afore he hits 18 & 24. Of course the next post will probably be him corrrecting me.

By the way Dick Stafford, I plan to get together with Dynasoar and see if we can bribe Jeff into letting us be testers.:)

their hardware is nice, and the sell liners too for EX, I think I am going to look into some of their cases. It is awesome that they are getting certed loads so I can get a two for one

couldn't think of anything to change it to...
hahaha!

Owa tagoo siam

152mm ought to make some noise!

any west coast demos planned?

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Mr Snake

I think you would find thaT 38mm & 29mm are on the itsy bitsy side for Loki.

Jeff specializes in EX propulsion with motors that go up to 152mm

Might be a while afore he hits 18 & 24. Of course the next post will probably be him corrrecting me.

By the way Dick Stafford, I plan to get together with Dynasoar and see if we can bribe Jeff into letting us be testers.:)

Yup, I'm not going to hold my breath for even the 29mm < 62.5 gm stuff, even though I'd like to see it. There was no talk about anything smaller in diameter, but I'm not really a great source.

If you guy's talk with Jeff, pick his brains and report back.

Originally posted by Elapid
152mm ought to make some noise!

any west coast demos planned?

Engines 6" diameter and 60" long, pushing 50,000 ns?

Where on the left coast could you fly that stuff, except maybe Vandenburg?

I keep wondering how many of these and/or how little airframe I'd need to hit the 100km space border.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
Engines 6" diameter and 60" long, pushing 50,000 ns?

Where on the left coast could you fly that stuff, except maybe Vandenburg?

Anywhere?

Brothers, OR
Mansfield, WA
Black Rock, NV
Bonneville, UT
Delamar, NV
etc
etc
etc

--Alex

Originally posted by rstaff3
Yup, I'm not going to hold my breath for even the 29mm < 62.5 gm stuff, even though I'd like to see it. There was no talk about anything smaller in diameter, but I'm not really a great source.

If you guy's talk with Jeff, pick his brains and report back.

The 29mm reloads will be out later this summer. They are a priority. There will be G-I and possibly E and F too. I would have done the 29s even before the 38s, but some of the tubes that I need for the 29s haven't come in yet. I like the 29s because the grains are only 30g each, which means I can mail them with no HAZMAT charges.

I plan to make some smaller motors too, 18mm and 24mm. These will be single use C-F motors, not reloads. No time table for these, I'm pretty busy right now.

-Jeff

Originally posted by rstaff3
Jeff is at our MDRA launches most of the time. I had put in my 2cents (not that this will sway him - he's got to make money after all to stay in business) that I'd like to see high impulse 62.6 gm G's such as the G125s :)

Dynasoar, the line for the beta testers started before the announcements, methinks :D

p.s. If I were in that line my smiley would have been :p

If you plan to be at the Sod farm this weekend, I am looking for some victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^H beta-testers. Must be willing to fly 38mm H-J with motor ejection. I'll be testing delay timings, so no tears if they eject early or late!

I would LOVE to try some out, Jeff. Just my luck, however, that I have to go to a wedding out of town. Words can not express my disappointment! AAAAAAGGGRRRRHHHH!

Originally posted by Loki
The 29mm reloads will be out later this summer. They are a priority. There will be G-I and possibly E and F too. I would have done the 29s even before the 38s, but some of the tubes that I need for the 29s haven't come in yet. I like the 29s because the grains are only 30g each, which means I can mail them with no HAZMAT charges.

I plan to make some smaller motors too, 18mm and 24mm. These will be single use C-F motors, not reloads. No time table for these, I'm pretty busy right now.

-Jeff

This is great news Jeff....I suspected you'd pop in and give the real info.

awesome! I cant wait to order some Loki hardware (as well as more liners) the stuff is so cool looking, and you guys are great, shipped me a single liner tube wicked fast. Cant wait to see the motors

It'd be FANTASTIC to have multiple 29mm certified motors out there. Can't wait!!!

Originally posted by Loki
If you plan to be at the Sod farm this weekend, I am looking for some victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^H beta-testers. Must be willing to fly 38mm H-J with motor ejection. I'll be testing delay timings, so no tears if they eject early or late!

See? Seeseesee? Can't expect him to build test birds when he's already so busy trying to produce motors for us. Can't put together a 38mm fast enough for this, but I can darn sure put some together for other tests.

Al, let's do that lunch we keep putting off. I got the parts and you got the L1.

Back