The New Thread Dealing With Accur8 Skins/Wraps Future

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
To split the topic off of the thread that was started when John Pursley was injured, and his eventually passing away, I've created this thread. Please direct questions and comments about the future of his products here.

Thanks for your effort in starting this thread. I hope this way something can be resolved.
John had a lot of time and effort in his skin. I just can't think of them being gone and what
a lost it would be to those in the future who would like to build an Interceptor with his skins and wouldn't be able to.

Time will tell.

Thanks for your effort in starting this thread. I hope this way something can be resolved.
John had a lot of time and effort in his skin. I just can't think of them being gone and what
a lost it would be to those in the future who would like to build an Interceptor with his skins and wouldn't be able to.

Time will tell.

In the end, the fate of all of John's materials and data will boil down to the outcome of a "three-way struggle" . . . Greed vs. Pride vs. Charity.

Whichever of those three wins out, in each area regarding John's materials, will determine their ultimate fate.

I'm rooting for Charity to "win the day" !

Dave F.

Time will tell.
I wanted to build an Interceptor at some point with one of his skins as I already have the LJ2 one but it's looking like I and many others won't have that opportunity. I definitely think Mark @ Stickershock or someone else should take it up if it's possible. Mark could probably make them a bit more durable since his vinyl is a little thicker but maybe the thinness of the Accur8 wraps was part of what made them look good.

I take it that John's heirs have not been able or do not want to continue his work, or cannot or do not want to sell the assets? Does anyone know?

I just saw a Little Joe II sell with a set of his skins and that prompted me to look around, and I found this thread. God rest his soul.

Last edited:
Back