The most frustrating part of this hobby for me......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love to build, love to fly. Give me parts, I can make a rocket. FINDING A PLACE TO FLY is almost impossible, so I have an office full of birds that have never been in the air
Just try to fly in California anywhere.....maybe the desert areas, but if you don’t live in southern ca area near the sand.....you have to wait for club launches if you can find one.....thinking of taking small trips to Nevada to launch. No landowners will even talk to you....

Just try to fly in California anywhere.....maybe the desert areas, but if you don’t live in southern ca area near the sand.....you have to wait for club launches if you can find one.....thinking of taking small trips to Nevada to launch. No landowners will even talk to you....
Come to Las Vegas next weekend. March 19, 20, 21. It is our Springfest.

Agree with Scott. Never break local ordinances to fly your birds. Or trespass on private property. It gives the sport a bad name and make things harder for the rest of us.

Sure, makes sense afterwards. I was in a new town and 1st time going to the only open place around. Last town had great place with no issues, that town was also right after my 40ish years away from the hobby. Never even thought about rules changing for flying low power rockets over the ensuing years. Back then it was find a field, launch your rocket. 🚀 So I wandered over to the new park with the same expectations. We know better now. Rules might make no sense, but they is what they is.

Trees. Rocket Eating Trees. I'd deforest half the county around the field if I could. Seeing hours of work and $ hanging in a RET tasks me. No matter how much I connive and scheme one always goes astray. Its always seems the RMS/newest/most favorite/best finish so far that gets eaten.

And painting.

I love to build, love to fly. Give me parts, I can make a rocket. FINDING A PLACE TO FLY is almost impossible, so I have an office full of birds that have never been in the air
I can sympathize with that, I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania and there's nothing here but trees, hills and wind.Also I don't have a car so getting anywhere else is next to impossible.Is there anyone else on here from the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton area?

Back