The most expensive High power kit you know of??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketman 13

Reaction score
Just for fun what is the most expensive kit you know of.Put the web page under your response so I can look at it.The one I know of is Skunk Works Saturn rocket 1/38 the scale $800. Sorry I could'nt find the web page though. Thanks Rocketman 13

Hawk Mountain Talon 6 is the highest I know of at a whopping $1,560
Next comes the Proteus at $1,200

Both beautiful all fiberglass kits that are extremely strong.

Hawk Mountain 6" fiberglass Talon 6 $1,560

Ryan beat me out :p

hehehe ;) ....sorry about that I meant to Post a link.

<A HREF="https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5409">Here</a> is a thread about the Proteus

hear that sound? Thats the sound of my Jaw hitting th floor.

man that is a big rocket and an even bigger pricetag

Originally posted by Rocketman 13
Just for fun what is the most expensive kit you know of.Put the web page under your response so I can look at it.The one I know of is Skunk Works Saturn rocket 1/38 the scale $800. Sorry I could'nt find the web page though. Thanks Rocketman 13

The Skunkworks huge Saturn V is truly an awesome kit! Not just another big 3FNC rocket. A real eye-catcher. And like all of Andy's kits, it's very sturdy and a well-built design.

I have the cheapest hawk Mountain kit. THe Raptor. Real nice kit. Its gonna break machone this month, assuming the launch is not canceld (AGAIN!!!!!). I really reccomend the Hawk Mountain kits. Very nice.

Originally posted by CTulanko
Performance Rocketry's Full Scale Nike Smoke Kit in Carbon Fiber:

A Whopping $3000

The very next time I have an extra $3000, that is what I am going to buy.....

This year, my rocket team at school was going to build the Proteus for the Student Launch Initiative, but NASA didn't give us the funds this year. Last year, one of the local schools, Bob Jones built the Proteus. BIG ROCKET!!!!:eek: :D

Here is a shot of the full scale Nike Smoke. They brought it to LDRS 22.

LDRS_22_P_motor_nike_smoke_put_together.jpg

Eric F.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Here in Huntsville Alabama, Marshall Space Flight Center has a Space Launch Intitiative for local High schools called the Student Launch Initiative. At the beggining of every school year, loacl high school rocket teams send in their proposal and certain schools are picked and each school gets either $1500 or $2000 for that year for rocket related stuff, in particular the student launch initiative. This year my school didn't get picked for some odd reason. Also the top 5 teams from TARC get to send in their proposals for the student launch intitiative. You can't just sak NASA for rocket money and they give it to you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Originally posted by havoc821
You can't just sak NASA for rocket money and they give it to you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Yeah, I believe it's the other way around.:p

Aw shucks! I was hoping I could get a few million bucks....:D :p :( :mad: :eek: LOL. (just kidding, by the way...)

A "P" motor!:D A green P motor if I remember correctly. It could tkae clusters though, as they built theirs to have a 7.5" mother tube, kinda like the PML Kwik Switch 2000 on steroids

3 GRAND!!! dam when im 18 im not gettin a car... im gettin that thing... save my parents alil cash...

$3000 for the rocket

$30000 for an International with a 24-foot box to haul it to the launch site.

I have a 6" 45,000 n/s P8000 for sale which would be perfect for that Smoke :D

First $1500 takes it. And no it cant be shipped :mad:

....Bill

Wow! :eek:

Thems be some bigum rockets :D

I noticed that Hawk Mountain also sells other maker's kits in addition to their own, include PML kits...and the prices were remarkable! Considerably less even than big resellers such as Red Arrow has them for :)

As for their own kits...all fiber glass...anodized aluminum.

Joe Carmack of Armadillo Aerospace needs to stop having McMasterr Carr making his parts for him, and buy from Hawk Mountain instead :D

Back