The most beautiful jet fighter ever made

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homeowners started complaining about the noise. Imagine? You purchased a home at the end of a military base runway, and you don’t want noise!
Brings to mind a couple news items seen about people who purchased homes with a dormant railroad line pretty much running through their yard then went ballistic when the RR reactivated the line a few years later.
"Well I didn't think they would/could do that!".
And there's your problem right there, your substandard deductive reasoning skills; so, here, try this, repeat this mantra after me, If it exists it can be used. If it exists it can be used. If it exists it can be used. ...

The Air Force Might Make Two Distinct Versions Of Its Next Multirole Stealth Fighter
The NGAD fighter will be able to tackle ground targets and could be produced in long-range and short-range versions.
JUNE 17, 2021

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ersions-of-its-next-multirole-stealth-fighter
Nice photo found in that article:

message-editor%2F1623944225056-201014-f-hf102-9276.jpg

Respectfully, you all have it wrong. Do not feel bad- the Air Force might have gotten it wrong too.

View attachment 322935
I believe that YF 23 disappeared into the black world. It was the more capable aircraft. I remember one story about the first Gulf War. A pilot asked if there were any other planes up with him. He was told no we don't see anything. But he saw another aircraft. Some tanker guys, the ones in the back have suggested they have refueled them. Haven't heard anything new since we retired.

Why The F-117 Made Its First Flight In Pastel Camouflage 40 Years Ago Today
The stealth attack jet may be known for its black attire, but the aircraft has flown in a number of schemes over the last four decades.
18 Jun 2021

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...light-in-pastel-camouflage-40-years-ago-today
Great photos in that article:

message-editor%2F1624026596558-f-117wright-patterson.jpg

message-editor%2F1624025574208-lockheed_f-117a_nighthawk_8th_fs_retirement.jpg
That first picture with the F 117 in the foreground looks to have a Mig, an EF 111, an F 15 and I can't make out what is behind the F 15

Fixin'... The radar (MA-1) broke a lot... 1950/60s technology... tubes.
But it was serious about stopping the threat...
https://f-106deltadart.com/weapons_air2a_genie.htm

I've read that the MA-1 was a handful, maintenance-wise, but it was an impressive system back in the day. I'm sure it kept you on your toes!

And thank you for serving, it is VERY much appreciated! 👍👍👍

That’s right. Which jet-powered fighter airplane, historical or current, is just the coolest looking?

My vote: F-5
And variations of the same air frame (T-38, F-5A/B, F5-E/F, F-20). Sleek, efficient, and relatively cheap to own and operate. The F-16 just never appealed to me as a looker.

F-86 Saber Jet. YF-23 Black Widow. BAE Electric Lighting. It held the time to altitude record for quite a while. The jets that came out in the 1950's look good. Futuristic. F-101 Voodoo, F-102 Delta Dagger. F-104 Starfighter & the F-106 Delta Dart.

Back