The most beautiful jet fighter ever made

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the vestibule between the front doors, Barnes and Noble has stacks of books. One that I picked up a couple of months ago is "Aircraft Anatomy". It's a bunch of photos and line drawing showing the workings on military aircraft from WWII and "modern". The book has a copyright date of 2008, so they're not too "modern". If you can find one less than $20, it's a good reference (and fun to poke through).

As kid in the fifties I recall building Revell and Monogram models of many of the beautiful fighters seen in this thread. Can anyone post really good shots of the Panther and Cougar US Navy jets?

Somewhere in my house I have a OOP Fat Cats F-104 Starfighter kit that is rare, but I want to dig it up and build it since (same as many of you here) I think it's one of the most beautiful jets.
Only trouble for me would be what paint scheme...so many to choose from!
Right now I'm deciding between a chromed version or the new blue and white, but I also bought a model (first time in years) of the yellow version with a black bird. 😍
Screenshot_20220725-224950-438.png
Screenshot_20220725-225149-385.png
Screenshot_20220727-112018-681.png
I suspect it would be quite a head turner at the club launch! 🙂

Why The F-117 Made Its First Flight In Pastel Camouflage 40 Years Ago Today
The stealth attack jet may be known for its black attire, but the aircraft has flown in a number of schemes over the last four decades.
18 Jun 2021

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...light-in-pastel-camouflage-40-years-ago-today
Great photos in that article:

message-editor%2F1624026596558-f-117wright-patterson.jpg

message-editor%2F1624025574208-lockheed_f-117a_nighthawk_8th_fs_retirement.jpg
It always made me think of a flying

Back