The messy range box

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
This morning I finally undertook the adventure of organizing my range box. It was not pretty. I found tons of things that I thought I had lost, and even some things that weren't rocketry related and I still don't know how they got there! Anybody want to share their experience with overflowing range boxes?

I hate it too, that's why I had to clean out my range box.

I don't have all that much stuff in my range box so it is easy enough for it to stay organized enough to function. These days I've learned to open it and peek before a launch, maybe replenish the BP motors and take out the empty motor packages.
I sometimes put a shock cord back in the box with some tangles so it helps if I untangle before the next launch, and make sure I didn't leave my nomex in the last rocket I launched.

I have two boxes I take to the range. The first box has all my engines, igniters and plugs. The other box has everything else. On any given launch the box becomes a mess even when I don't accidently tip it over in the grass.

I go through both of my boxes along with the rest of my launch equipment after every launch. Normally it's a simple reorganization while other times I clean everything up. This past launch we sent up about 25 or so flights off my pad so I took the time to soak everything down in simple green and clean up all the residue.

Back