The Man!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This man remodeled my basement! Here is HE and HIS WIFE with my kids and me at NARAM in Waco, Texas. Anyone know THIS MAN????:D

Nice, collection. The pic is to small to see faces really, I cant tell

LOL!

Mable was his engine machine!

Gleda is is a wonderful lady with an amasing memory!

I met her and Vern at NARAM 43 and she asked where I lived and how long I had been flying rockets.

I told her I lived in Lexington, Michigan. She asked "Did you live on Roach Road?"

I was dumbfounded!!! THAT was 40 years ago and she remembered!! She did the shipping orders back then.

Roach is kind of an unusual name for a road...get it...Roachwerks?

sandman

That is right. He autographed my kid's Skywriters and now they won't fly them anymore. Maybe Jim Flis can add to The Pit now! I like his kits and plan to add more!!! Yeah, Jim you are right! I believe Mabel was the name of Vern's rocket motor machine. They roomed right next to us in Waco.:p

I had wonderful experiences with Vern and Gleda at NARAM 45. Very lovely folk, them Estes'

:)
And I had them BOTH sign my 30 yr old Sprint with over 400 flights (Vern himself flying it for #401) as well as signing my A.C.M.E. Spitfire and Carl's 38-Special :)

so cool!

Back