The Launch Pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
OK...don't yell at me.
I went back all 14 pages and couldn't find a thread on "The Launch Pad" so I figured I would start it here again. Did I read that someone has a status on them or am I spending to much time in my basement (radon :D )?

Thanks.

Nah, it's not you. I remember this coming up before too, but it's been a while. I think it was something about the owner having health problems, but I have not heard an update since.

Are The Launch Pad and The Rocket Pad the same folks?

Has this been touched on before?

Originally posted by Stewart32
Are The Launch Pad and The Rocket Pad the same folks?

Has this been touched on before?

Yes it has and....no they are not.

Although I do remember this subject has come up not too long ago.;)

I believe Missleman (a TRF regular) had sent me an email stating that "Oh by the way, The Launch Pad is back in production.The guy was real sick for awhile but now back at it."
Perhaps he can chime in here with more info.

The web site is still 2 years out dated. :( I crave a Pershing.

There are still a LOT of the kits out on the market for sale. I got my RIM-67A from All Hobbies - Good service and timely delivery.

WW

OK here is the scoop.
I talked to Redarrow hobbies and als hobbies by phone. Reddarrow got a new shipment of TLP kits in.
Al's recieved an email from TLP and has a shipment on the way.
Performance hobbies has changed thier website showing what TLP kits are in stock.
The kicker. I talked in person to Steve at Commonwealth Displays and he actually stopped by the guys house in VA. while he was on vacation recently and YES kits are on the way.
Don't know how long this will last but I will stop paying overprice at auctions for awhile.
That's all I have to say about that.

The website has puzzled me for some time.
I know now TLP is still around but a while back everyone thought the guy had past away.
Well I have had several websites of my own over the years and I know several things.
You have to have a webhost, domain name and maintain your email account. All these cost money and have to be kept up. Even though the site has not been updated for some time, someone was keeping it up.
A little gossip about the TLP owner.
I was talking to the Prefect of our local club at our last meeting and he told me about how much bad luck this guy has had.
He had bypass surgury and not long after recovery fell off his tractor and got ran over. Then this recent illness came on.
I hope everything goes good for him from now on and I do really love the TLP kits.

Originally posted by missileman
The website has puzzled me for some time.
I know now TLP is still around but a while back everyone thought the guy had past away.
Well I have had several websites of my own over the years and I know several things.
You have to have a webhost, domain name and maintain your email account. All these cost money and have to be kept up. Even though the site has not been updated for some time, someone was keeping it up.
A little gossip about the TLP owner.
I was talking to the Prefect of our local club at our last meeting and he told me about how much bad luck this guy has had.
He had bypass surgury and not long after recovery fell off his tractor and got ran over. Then this recent illness came on.
I hope everything goes good for him from now on and I do really love the TLP kits.

I'll second that. I have a small stash that I need to start cracking at. Just never enough time!!

I got a response from an email inquiry to Red Arrow Hobbies about TLP kits. They have them in stock and are getting more in soon which would imply TLP is still in business.

I met Chuck Barnt in 1999 at NSL. I think he disappeared right after this. At that time, he said he was working on a "museum quality" NIKE-HERCULES kit!!! Does anyone know ANYTHING about this???:eek: :eek:

I just got a Sidewinder today and guess what?
The clay nosecone weight is soft!! (those that have built TLP kits recently will know what I mean)
This implies the kit was manufactured recently.
Paid $22 on ROL. The prices have indeed come down:)

Back