The Launch Pad rockets - show us yours

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok wait a minute- the Coast Guard has missiles?!

If you are referencing my orange Launch Pad Perseus II then the answer is yes. We have two former Coast Guardsmen in our club so I decided to paint the fantasy Launch Pad kit in a glorious Coast Guard Scheme. I have always felt the Coast Guard was under appreciated so I decided they should be on par with the other branches of the service and have a missile of their own. So I decided it would be a multi role missile, being able to launch in all weather with a sophisticated sensor package in the nose to quickly identify those in need of rescue. After detection the nose cone ejects and out pops a life raft with a full emergency package. If, on the other hand, the Coast Guard detects a hostile or drug carrying aircraft/vessel they can quickly switch out the rescue package for a very effective warhead and simply blow the enemy or any other scum bag away. Unfortunately, this program was canceled due to cost over runs and interservice jealousy and that was my story. It received big laughs from the first Coast Guardsman and then he decided to see how far he could get the other Coast Guard member to buy into the story when he arrived a bit later. Since then this has been a running joke at the launch as most people are puzzled to see an actual scale model Coast Guard Missile.

Another T.L.P. just finished ,the Gecko.Built stock,labelled fins top and bottom. I painted it krylon flat olive drab out of the can,didn't like the silver scheme, gave it some red and black pin strips on the b.t. and fins.Then coated it with future just to keep the pin stripe secure and I like them shiny anyway.Also my HARM 88a check out "Dec. best rocket contest" for the discription of this baby.The TLP kits have a good bang for the buck and build nice..Happy Holiday to all !!!!!:santa-smile:Jpaw

gekco1.jpg

gecko2.jpg

harm1 (1224 x 1632).jpg

harm2 (956 x 2232).jpg

Here is my TLP Anubis, naked and camouflaged.

The problem with camo is that now I'm afraid to fly it.

IMGP9494cr Anubis Fins Attached.jpg

IMGP0033cr Anubis Camo Finished.jpg

your one of the few people I've seen that actually fill the spirals before building! wish more folks here could see the benefit of doing that.

great work

I agree with you Stymye. I always fill the spirals and shoot one coat of primer before and fins get glued on. Sanding the BT is a breeze without all the "stuff" attached.

Yep, me too. I usually cover the places where the fins will attach with a strip of 1/4" masking tape first. Fins stick better to bare cardboard than to primer.

Osiris's
The Original and a 33% (3.9 inch diameter) Upscale.
Love em

Edit: Found a few more pictures. Here's the Osiris MPM on an E15-4

2011-01-21-Rocket-Kits-0120sm.jpg

Osiris-E15-121298-02.jpg

Last edited:
And a picture of my Matra Super 530D

I was very proud of the model. Wish I had added more detailing. Built stock. Notice the hat everyone complains about turned out nice. So too the paper and ribs rear fins.

Matra-03112000-01.jpg

Last edited:
And a picture of my Matra Super 530D

I was very proud of the model. Wish I had added more detailing. Built stock. Notice the hat everyone complains about turned out nice. So too the paper and ribs rear fins.

Nice work Jeff ! Yessir.....once you get the hang of those "hats" ,they become pretty easy after awhile....well ,almost.

That`s one kit I don`t have in my collection , which is surprising , but it sure is a beauty.

Gotta love those TLP kits.

Regards

Paul T

Here are the 2 that I have:
Me with my Nike Ajax, I left it 3x24mm
My Scimitar, which I made with interchangeable motor mounts 2x24, 3x24, 1x29. The picture shown is with a G77 Redline, and it has flown successfully in all 3 configurations.

Kellty,

I have the same Nike Ajax kit and, while it's in the waiting to be built pile, I wanted to be able to fly it on 3x24mm AP motors like F30 Black Max's or F32 Blue Thunders. Are you flying the standard D12 stuff?

Kellty,

I have the same Nike Ajax kit and, while it's in the waiting to be built pile, I wanted to be able to fly it on 3x24mm AP motors like F30 Black Max's or F32 Blue Thunders. Are you flying the standard D12 stuff?

I've flown it on D's and E's......You should have no problem flying it on F's, just beef up the fins, they are very thin balsa. Either laminate with paper, or switch out with basswood. And ditch the provided mylar chute, go with a more modern recovery type setup. It was a fun build...I'd like to get another and play around with making it a two stage and/or interchangeable mmt.

I have pretty much finished my LAUNCH PAD KRYPTON. I'm just trying to figure out where the LAUNCH LUG is supposed to go. It's not clear in the instructions. I can go by the CG LOCATION. HELP!!!

I have pretty much finished my LAUNCH PAD KRYPTON. I'm just trying to figure out where the LAUNCH LUG is supposed to go. It's not clear in the instructions. I can go by the CG LOCATION. HELP!!!

Dude. Chill. The CG location along side a tube or fin is fine...
Or split the lug, one near the base, one 1/3 the way up. Maybe inside a tube if possible to hide them...

Back