The Launch Pad Plan Packs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll be adding a couple of these with some tubes I need.

We are trying to go through these as quickly as possible. We got a lot of giant boxes full of them. We want to go through each one and make sure there complete. But we will take a look for that one for you :)
I'de be interested in a Scimitar Plan Pack.

Got somthing in the mail today.......hmmmm.....
10028657915_9df11caf18_n.jpg

These could be fun, but holy cow do I need to sharpen my skills!

10028676366_2c7224e02a_n.jpg

Everything came packed nice, not torn up/crushed by USPS. Thanks Uncle Mike!

I ordered 2 of the packs on the 27th. They were at my door yesterday, the 30th. All was good! Fast service, very good deal all around, thanks Mike! Tim Thomas L3

We are trying to go through these as quickly as possible. We got a lot of giant boxes full of them. We want to go through each one and make sure there complete. But we will take a look for that one for you :)
Were you ever able to find a Scimitar plan pack to reproduce to sell to rocketeers?

Last edited:
What's included in these plan packs anyway. Instructions and templates?

I can just imagine ordering one and the instruction saying:

1. go to the hardware store and buy a jigsaw and a sheet of plywood
2. go to office supply store and get such glue-type and stick page 54 on the plywood
3. cut plywood along dotted lines of page 54 using jigsaw
4. btw, you'll need a workbench big enough for the plywood so find one somewhere
5. you bought the wrong type of glue so order it online and wait 3 weeks for delivery

etc.

Plan pack has all the templates, parts list, instructions, etc. The kit is a 2x 24mm single stage. I have that kit about 5 feet from me. The plan pack was a 2 stage, 2x24mm to 1x 24mm and it detailed the electrical ignition process that didn't use electronics. It was a pull-pin process that closed the firing circuit.

The drop-box info appears to be the kit, not the plan-pack. I would happily pay for the plan-pack if it were available.

Plan pack has all the templates, parts list, instructions, etc. The kit is a 2x 24mm single stage. I have that kit about 5 feet from me. The plan pack was a 2 stage, 2x24mm to 1x 24mm and it detailed the electrical ignition process that didn't use electronics. It was a pull-pin process that closed the firing circuit.

The drop-box info appears to be the kit, not the plan-pack. I would happily pay for the plan-pack if it were available.

Unfortunately, most of the Plan Pak's are no longer available, it seems.

The data I linked to is probably the closest, unless somebody has the Plan Pak and starts scanning . . . Then, of course, people will start howling about copyright.

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack may still have some, the Scimitar was not shown but an email to him might help.

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack may still have some, the Scimitar was not shown but an email to him might help.

If you ever have any questions feel free to contact us either via email or by
phone. Leave a message we normally will reply within 24 hours.

Phone 734-612-8017 Mon-Fri 10AM-2PM EST, Sat & Sun closed.

Email address :
For sales/product & dealer inquires:
[email protected]

If no plan-pak is available with the two-stage info I will just have to experiment on developing my own!
-Jack

Has anyone here ever built a Nike Herc from the plan pacs?
Started too......

Nike Hercules 108.jpg

Then it got out of hand once I got my hands on a copy of Minakov's Nike Hercules drawing...its 1/8th-ish scale, the plan pack is a bit closer to 1/10th Sport Scale. Finally got the hardware needed for it, a total of 5x AT 29/40-120's. FYI the interstage transition looks ugly but its way easier than people think to make.

Then it got out of hand once I got my hands on a copy of Minakov's Nike Hercules drawing...its 1/8th-ish scale, the plan pack is a bit closer to 1/10th Sport Scale. Finally got the hardware needed for it, a total of 5x AT 29/40-120's. FYI the interstage transition looks ugly but its way easier than people think to make.

Was that the ones I posted or did you find a different drawing ?

Dave F.

BW-1a.jpg

BW-1b.jpg

BW-1c.jpg

BW-1d.jpg

BW-1e.jpg

BW-1f.jpg

BW-1g.jpg

BW-1h.jpg

BW-1i.jpg

Mine was from another source, it was the full color one, I had it blown up to the size I needed to be able to do 1:1 measurements without have to do the math involved with a Scale Factor (okay I did do that math once to find out how much to enlarge the original).

Back