The Launch Pad Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missileman

Reaction score
I was just looking around different vendors sites looking for supplies and I noticed when I visited Performance Hobbies they have a note that says:
ALL LAUNCH PAD KITS NOW IN STOCK!
New stock just in, every single Launch Pad kit is in stock and ready to ship.

I think I saw this mentioned a couple of months ago. I believe the plans is to just supplier a couple of big vendors. In any case, it's good to see the launch pad back!

I can't vouch for the statement that EVERY kit is available. I can say thay I have seen his trailer stuffed full of them! Of course that was a month or so ago, so they could be dwindling fast! I only have the Rapier, but that is a large, light, great flier.

Well, I think that particular flight was an F12, but it certainly goes well on E30s!

I picked up a TLP Harm kit from Ken at Performance Hobbies about a week ago. He may not have "every" kit in stock, but he does have a very good selection and will be getting more inventory from Chuck.

Every time I launch my Rapier people in the crowd ooh and ahh at its performance. If you are not familiar with TLP you think the rocket is a lot heavier than it looks.

Very true! I always tell people to imagine an Estes Phoenix, with a bit more detail.

I ordered about 75 kits from him over 4 months ago and haven't seen anything yet. The last time I talked to him, he said it would be a "couple more weeks" and that was month and a half ago. Dave at Red Arrow told me that they have waited up to a year to get a stock order from him, so my luck will probably run the same. By the time I get some, all you guys will probably already have what you want. Again, that's my luck:(

from what I've seen, TLP uses stock estes parts, cut yourself balsa sheets and no decals are supplied?.. It seems like it would not be too much effort to put together the kits, mabey the packaging consumes alot of time.

Back