The latest offering from Wildman's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• dc twins.jpg
    dc twins.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Ooh! Is the ceramic bell shaped nozzle included in the kit, or is that an add-on upgrade? :)
Eric,
If you would like the ceramic bell shaped nozzle (aka flower pot) you are more than welcome to it. One caveat, you'll have to deal with my wife as it's a part of a set she likes! Good luck with that!

It would be impressive air-starting those pods after a nice coast…. Just sayin.

You can get them drop shipped from your local nursery or big box home improvement store!
Now I need to see the Menard's guy pitching a special on vacuum optimized nozzles. (I lived in Wisconsin for 10 years and the Menard's jingle is burned into my memory.)

Now I need to see the Menard's guy pitching a special on vacuum optimized nozzles. (I lived in Wisconsin for 10 years and the Menard's jingle is burned into my memory.)
What?! Menard's hasn't yet opened their Oakland store??
Menard's: the Starbucks of home improvement. (I still live here - "Save big money at. . .")

I just did a scratch build that is quite similar (not as big, or FG…) but mine is a dual 24mm with rear ejection…

Attachments

• 63830C5D-E900-4E3D-84AA-7D01658888DC.jpeg
    63830C5D-E900-4E3D-84AA-7D01658888DC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 4C9CCD4B-874E-4C90-B7B0-33A92C78F267.jpeg
    4C9CCD4B-874E-4C90-B7B0-33A92C78F267.jpeg
    943.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6FFBD1F7-97CD-434C-97EF-D56420F48A9A.jpeg
    6FFBD1F7-97CD-434C-97EF-D56420F48A9A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
The Estes Gemini DC had rear ejecting dual parachutes. That one always jammed one chute, came in fast, stuck the nose in the dirt.

I think airstart motors in the pods of this one would be cooler.

I just did a scratch build that is quite similar (not as big, or FG…) but mine is a dual 24mm with rear ejection…
A beautifully-finished rocket! I'm a bit surprised you didn't go with 29mm, though.
ALMOST too pretty to fly. . .
If the gold decoration is done via decals, who did them for you?

A beautifully-finished rocket! I'm a bit surprised you didn't go with 29mm, though.
ALMOST too pretty to fly. . .
If the gold decoration is done via decals, who did them for you?
I took it on its maiden flight at the beginning of July on a couple of D12-3’s and it was a near perfect flight…went perfectly straight up, at apogee, it didn’t arc over…just “stalled out” then tipped over and popped the rear chute…needed one size bigger chute - nosed in a little harder than I would have liked…but I think moving up to E’s or 24mm composites will definitely be happening next flight…

Did the gold foil decals myself with my daughter’s Cricut machine (also how I did the flames and lettering on my profile pic

Attachments

• F3DD21C4-47A9-4932-AD73-514AD660E5C1.jpeg
    F3DD21C4-47A9-4932-AD73-514AD660E5C1.jpeg
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 0
  • EE47B38D-6ED7-48E4-B593-17FB53181B4B.jpeg
    EE47B38D-6ED7-48E4-B593-17FB53181B4B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Cricut's are pretty useful for decals.

I have one, but I don't like that the company who makes it can brick it over the wire if they want.

My first one died on me, and instead of sending me a RMA, they sent a replacement, asked me to put the malfunctioning one back online, and they bricked it. Stupid waste of resources.

I took it on its maiden flight at the beginning of July on a couple of D12-3’s and it was a near perfect flight…went perfectly straight up, at apogee, it didn’t arc over…just “stalled out” then tipped over and popped the rear chute…needed one size bigger chute - nosed in a little harder than I would have liked…but I think moving up to E’s or 24mm composites will definitely be happening next flight…

Did the gold foil decals myself with my daughter’s Cricut machine (also how I did the flames and lettering on my profile pic
I continue to be impressed, although the three-second delay (even with twin motors) seems appropriate - any idea at what altitude apogee occurred? What does this rocket (without motors) weigh?

Thank you for the Cricut idea. Even so, your gold lame' is very well-done - beautiful finish, again!

Back