The Last VCRs Ever Will Be Made This Month

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... Show of hands... How many tried to rewind the DVD when they first got a player?

I threw out probably 200 tapes about 8 years ago because my Betamax bit the dust and I couldn't get another one. Don't really miss them at all... it was a pretty good decluttering exercise. The only VHS tape that I still have is my first kid's Kindergarten graduation... someday I'll get it transferred to digital.

I still have all of the old disney movies on VHS. I still remember rewinding :D

I'm a hold out when it comes to outdated technology. Yes I still use my VHS VCR all the time as well as my turntable ( yes, vinyl does sound better) and my cassette deck.
My current VCR is starting to show its age, I may have to grab a new one before they are all gone.

I threw out probably 200 tapes about 8 years ago because my Betamax bit the dust and I couldn't get another one. Don't really miss them at all... it was a pretty good decluttering exercise. The only VHS tape that I still have is my first kid's Kindergarten graduation... someday I'll get it transferred to digital.

I was just thinking of that-my wedding is on VHS, and I think we better get these tapes transferred soon! If the shops that do the DVD conversion can't replace their VCRs, we'll be SOL. Kinda sad, in a way.
Just 16 short years ago I saved up from first post-college job to buy a Mega CD Changer (200 Discs!! $500!), and sold it on Craigslist just a few months ago for $30. I was honestly amazed that someone wanted it.

I was just thinking of that-my wedding is on VHS, and I think we better get these tapes transferred soon! If the shops that do the DVD conversion can't replace their VCRs, we'll be SOL. Kinda sad, in a way.
Just 16 short years ago I saved up from first post-college job to buy a Mega CD Changer (200 Discs!! $500!), and sold it on Craigslist just a few months ago for $30. I was honestly amazed that someone wanted it.

That's a really good idea. I have some stuff I wouldn't want to lose.

I had a DVD player that held 300 or 400 discs, I don't remember exactly. It was awesome, and I spent a lot of time copying DVDs onto blanks so I could fill my player. I even took the time to research how to add the title information to the disc so the player would automatically read in the movie names for it's on screen menu.

Years later I have twice that many movies, all digital, on a 5 TB hard drive (NAS) and am using Plex to index and provide the menu system. I can watch any of these movies and TV shows on any TV in the house via Roku. I love technology!!!

Back