The Joker

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Had some fins laying around from some Goblin kits I did a while back and had a cluster motor mount sitting on the shelf. Put two and two together and The Joker is born. This is just the booster, gotta wait on my tubing order to finish it. This will be 4” dia 60” tall with 38mm center motor and three 29mm air start holes. Gotta thank Chuck for printing up some nose cones for the pods.

0A053A1D-4B39-4925-B396-880A25D4DFCE.jpeg5E10AD10-4A54-48EC-8870-02E0F550266C.jpeg

Really cool build - I love pod outboards. I built a 1x54mm x 2 x38mm a few years back which is still flying (build thread somewhere here on TRF). Have laid plans to di a 4" but not got round to it yet. Great fun - following yours with interest.

What's the rest of it going to look like?

I really don't understand this affection for "Pods" that so many people have.
Have none of you seen that documentary Invasion of the Body Snatchers?
I will have the rest once my body tube order gets here. Might have to put decals of the jokers victims on each pod….lol

Where are you planning to put the rail buttons?
There is enough room between the pod and the fin for a rail to clean. I had just checked that last night with the rail I have. I was getting worried I did not have enough room.

There is enough room between the pod and the fin for a rail to clean. I had just checked that last night with the rail I have. I was getting worried I did not have enough room.
Good call - I guessed as much - if you get them dead centre it won't be too much of a squeeze for 1010 rail.

Back at it. I decided to make the booster zipperless design and use the coupler as an electronics bay for the air start electronics.
C9E74E35-6CEC-47F8-A6C8-C34EA1E54EFD.jpeg

All painted. Not happy with the green as I had to use a new can for the top tube and nose cone and it does not match. All that is left is a few decals and setup the electronics.

0C9554FB-AD32-467C-9B6E-15CE9ABE3E61.jpeg

Back