The Guardian

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketeer41

Reaction score
Well my mom went to Michaels and got a rocket called the Guardian. And why Skill Level 2?:confused: And why not Skill Level 1?:confused2: It runs on A,B, and C engines.:bangpan: On a C engine it could go roaring up to 700 feet. Now that`s very high!:bangbang:

The Guardian is a very good kit. Just take your time and have patience and it should turn out great.

The Guardian is a cool looking rocket! Have you never built a rocket before? If not, I can see where that particular one might be daunting. The most difficult part is probably going to be gluing on the 9 balsa wood fins. Not all that difficult, but if it were me, I would have started with a simpler model like the Estes Alpha or Quest Astra 1. They also have balsa wood fins you have to glue on, but there are only three fins. My first rocket when I was 12 was even simpler than that. It was the Estes Alpha III, and it had a plastic fin unit - no gluing of fins at all.

Do you have a friend that has built rockets before that can help you? That would make it easier and more fun.

Jim

Skill level refers to construction skills needed not the motor it uses.

Eric

The Guardian is all about the fins. Getting all 9 of them on straight requires a bit of patience. That extra bit of patience bumps it up to skill level 2. Make sure you take your time. It's a great kit though. Now, if you want to paint it the way it appears on the package be prepared for maybe another skill level bump. You'll need even more patience and some high quality thin and narrow masking tape. Good luck!

The Guardian is a great kit, one of my favorites. I've built 2 so far. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it. It's very visible, even at high altitudes and it's difficult to lose.

rockets.JPG

Nice Guardian Dragonrider10.:headbang:

The paint job is very cool, kind of looks like a Red Max! :cyclops:

:cool: Great lift off picture!:clap:

Is there an engine below the Guardian?:confused: If there is I`ll be happy.:boat:

The Guardian was the first rocket I built in my BARdom! :) Fun kit to put together..And the 'stock' paint job isn't really difficult, just tedious with the taping..

Rocketeer41: The 'motor' you see in dragon_rider10's picture is a used motor to use as a 'stand off', to lift the rocket above the blast deflector so the launch controller leads don't short out on the metal. ;)

DSCF4059.JPG

I don't think that's actually an old engine. I've used them before for this purpose, but i believe that was a spare spacer tube. I've also used rocks and blocks of wood. This photo was a few years old, so I don't recall. I use the Odd'l Rockets Raise now for this purpose. No more ghetto launches for me!

Very nice job on all of them guys. I think I may give it this kit a try in a couple of months.....:cheers:

I don't know if we're sharing these, but the Guardian also makes a great upscale.

I stayed true to the original paint scheme except for the white to blue fade in the lettering. (I wasn't that great in my painting skills at the time... heck I'm still not that great. :rolleyes:)

Guardian 1.jpg

Back