The GREATNESS of Roachwerks!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
For those of you who haven't been partaking of Sandman's handiwork, you're really missing out.

I've been buying nose cones from him lately, primarily to fulfill my "Goblin urges." ( ;) )

Then I get a suprise shipment of some "beta" kits for his "mini" line after inquiring about some downscale Goblin nose cones.

I'm totally thrilled! Sandman and Roachwerks are simply AWESOME!

Pictured below, from right to left, are 5 downscale Roachwerks Goblins (the original 1x version is based on a BT55)

BT50 size (0.74x)
BT20 size (0.56x)
BT5 size (0.41x)
10.5 mm Micro Max size (0.34x)
and Micro Max "minimum diameter" ultra micro (0.21x)

These are "short kits", meaning short decals, fin stock, recovery materials, and motor mounts (except for one, see below); but accurately scaled fin patterns and a copy of accurately scaled decals are included, as well as properly scaled body tubes and BEAUTIFUL accurately scaled balsa nose cones. The 10.5mm version even includes the Micro Max motor mount!!!

Check out the custom color kit cards and all the neat stuff! The pieces needed to add for completion are common and thankfully I have everything in my parts box anyway. I even got TangoPapa to make me up all the decals in the correct scale too! (Well, I didn't have decals made for the ultra micro 0.21x version - the 0.34x version decals are tiny enough!!!)

Roachwerks (Sandman) ROCKS!!!

Goblins, Goblins, Goblins.......

:kill:

Did I mention elswhere that my little "Goblin family" was "growing?" ;)

I laid out the contents of the BT50 version to show all the cool stuff included. Great nose cone, perfectly cut tube, fin pattern, body wrap marking guide, and scaled pic of the decals.

Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?

Thanks Sandman!

Very nice - Sandman does good work! Any plans to upscale your Goblin series?

I already have two: A BT60 Deuce kitbash version, and a BT70 based twin 24mm motor version. I'm cooking up another one..... ;)

I received my Roachwerks mini Saturn 1B today (SWEET!!) with yet another downscale suprise in it!!

I'll post pics this evening... :D

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the remarks.

Makes it all worth doing.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the remarks.

Makes it all worth doing.

sandman

Alright, coffee break is over. Time to go to the shed and turn my stinkin' cone. :D Sandman, the only positive thing I can say about the recent loss of my 2" Deuce in the lake is that it wasn't flown using the nosecone you turned for me. I suppose that means I can rebuild another!

Back