The GREAT things you are gonna do during "lockdown"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a lot more LEGO time with the boys, so...

1) Finish First Order Star Destroyer with my 8 yo.
2) Finish 2000 piece Y-wing with 11 yo.
3) Dig into the other kits we have on hand

The young one is pulling ahead...did 2 of the 4 bags of the Mando Walker completely solo.
20200328_150259.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, Justin.

I keep forgetting that masking tape can be used when installing fins and such.

I needed that reminder. Thank you.

Thanks for the pictures, Justin.

I keep forgetting that masking tape can be used when installing fins and such.

I needed that reminder. Thank you.
Actually I just noticed... i like the use of the L-bracket to determine perpendicular fin installation!

Actually I just noticed... i like the use of the L-bracket to determine perpendicular fin installation!
I use angle aluminum in various sizes for that purpose as well. Also useful for marking rail button locations, fin positions, aligning decals, and the like.

1/2 angle for small birds, and 1” or 2” angle for larger ones.

Inexpensive at Lowes and Home Depot.

I use angle aluminum in various sizes for that purpose as well. Also useful for marking rail button locations, fin positions, aligning decals, and the like.

1/2 angle for small birds, and 1” or 2” angle for larger ones.

Inexpensive at Lowes and Home Depot.
I've always used them to align things and make marks along the rocket, I've just never "thought in 3D" and used it as a vertical extension to align up from the airframe surface as Justin is doing.

I guess if the placement is wrong, the fin could still be off perpendicular. Just makes it far harder to make an error.

Last edited:
Well, I'm going to start cleaning out my workshop... which hasn't been touched in months.

I'm going to finish my Nike Apache which has taken wayyyy too long to finish...

and then I'm also going to keep up my training for the triathlons I'm doing this summer.

Also hi guys :) I'm back

I have several DIY electronics projects in the works, not the least of which is my homebrew chute release that has been laying on my desk since September. I also have an Ender 3 3D printer that is still in the box, and I have a slow leak under my trailer that may or may not require the kitchen floor be cut up. Yay.

Honestly, I could get a lot of that stuff done, but I work in health and safety equipment service, so I am "an essential employee" and don't have any additional time at home compared to what I did before all this mess.

I'm going to watch all the Marvel movies I haven't seen yet so I can figure out who the new characters are in Avengers: Infinity War. I haven't seen the Ant-Man, Ant-man & the Wasp, and the two latest Spiderman movies. :D

there's a few lists,which list the order in which to watch them all (and a few lists also include the Marvel universe TV shows, and when they are to be watched in line with the movies..)

The wife has talked about doing this too..

My 'work form home' has turned into a lay-off. to be re-examined on April 13th..

My WoW 'toon is up to level 63..
Sorry to hear of your employment loss. Hopefully this situation will only be temporary.

Diablo III is a time sink for me as well. My goal is to become the oldest player on the leader boards in Season 20...again.

On the plus side, gaming keeps my child bride and I in the same room conversing whereas rocket building not so much.

one thing i am doing, that just kinda happened, is watching star wars.. again.. Another marathon on TV.. all.. 9 .. movies .. in a row!

Last week was all 4 of the Indiana Jones movies..
Ugh, why ruin it with #4. That was one of a handful of movies I've seen in my life where I walked out *furious*.

one thing i am doing, that just kinda happened, is watching star wars.. again.. Another marathon on TV.. all.. 9 .. movies .. in a row!

Last week was all 4 of the Indiana Jones movies..

Ugh, why ruin it with #4. That was one of a handful of movies I've seen in my life where I walked out *furious*.

I'm pretty sure there's just Ep 4-9 and Rogue 1 in the Star Wars universe. Also, what Indiana Jones #4? (Read this before responding :))

I haven't even washed my cars yet. :D

Once we get some decent weather, I'll be outside most of the day getting projects done.

93578539_2011499622326888_8225728185707266048_n.jpg

Back