The Great Mental Struggle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepredwarf

Reaction score
Well, I've finished my first rocket. (YAY!!) It's a Gamma Ray Payloader (which I painted according to my own style and renamed "THE BURNINATOR"). Hopefully my first launch will go well, but before I can find out, I've got to answer the one question I've been wrestling with since the day I bought the rocket...

What do I put in my payload for the first launch?!?!

Since I really have no idea right now, I'm up for pretty much any suggestions you folks can throw at me, from the logical to the terribly bizzare. So let me have it!

...this is gonna be fun.:D

Originally posted by Lepredwarf
Well, I've finished my first rocket. (YAY!!) It's a Gamma Ray Payloader (which I painted according to my own style and renamed "THE BURNINATOR"). Hopefully my first launch will go well, but before I can find out, I've got to answer the one question I've been wrestling with since the day I bought the rocket...

What do I put in my payload for the first launch?!?!

Since I really have no idea right now, I'm up for pretty much any suggestions you folks can throw at me, from the logical to the terribly bizzare. So let me have it!

...this is gonna be fun.:D

Hey Lep...first off a belated welcome!! I slept in a drawer once...I think I was 3...

Anyway, I usually put in about 40 cents (dimes only) just to heep the payload from drifting to far.

I had a friend in my neighborhood who flew rockets with me and my brother when we were kids. He had an Estes Icarus payloader that he painted his own way.

The Muppet Show was popular at the time, and his favorite bit on that show was the "Pigs in Space" skit that ran periodically. So, he painted his Icarus mostly silver with a white nose cone, pit a sticker of Ms. Piggy on one of the fins, and put some small pigs in the payload bay (the pigs came from another old game we'd play called "Pig Mania.") It was a HOOT!

Ah, the memories. I ought to do a "Pigs in Space" rocket, now that I bring it up.

Lep- how big is your payload section? If it's big enough, a Grade A fresh hen's egg is recommended.

Fore check: Pigs in Space was one of my family's favorite bits, too. My mom still has the little wind-up Pigs in Space starship; it rolls around, and Ms. Piggy pops up out of the hatch.

It's only about 4" long and 1" in diameter, so the egg thing wouldn't work. I do have a lot of little barnyard animals that might fit, though.

Back