The Future of Future?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrent

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that Future (called Pledge Floor Care now) is getting harder to find? I no longer see it at my local Walmart or grocery store. It's out of stock at my local ACE Hardware, Amazon's price has gone up to over $12/bottle (it normally sells for $6 or little over). Ebay prices are going up A LOT...like it's getting rare. Almost seems as if it is being discontinued.

I do not want to sound alarmist and to be clear, I have no information that it is being discontinued. It might just have to do with all of the supply chain shortages going on now, but it would be a huge loss if that stuff went away entirely. It's been my goto glosscoat for all kinds of modeling projects for decades.

I live in Arizona, has anyone else noticed it disappearing where you live?

Don Brent

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that Future (called Pledge Floor Care now) is getting harder to find? I no longer see it at my local Walmart or grocery store. It's out of stock at my local ACE Hardware, Amazon's price has gone up to over $12/bottle (it normally sells for $6 or little over). Ebay prices are going up A LOT...like it's getting rare. Almost seems as if it is being discontinued.

I do not want to sound alarmist and to be clear, I have no information that it is being discontinued. It might just have to do with all of the supply chain shortages going on now, but it would be huge loss if that stuff went away entirely. It's been my goto glosscoat for all kinds of modeling projects for decades.

I live in Arizona, has anyone else noticed it disappearing where you live?

Don Brent

Its is harder to get here locally as well, of course it doesn't help that they keep changing the name.

I think (my opinion) is that the prevalence of the newer engineered wood floors and other flooring that need nothing more than a damp mop run over them to keep them clean and looking good is hurting that segment of the floor car industry. Even the cheap flooring has hard to damage finishes, and its cheap enought to just replace it when it starts looking bad. The new flooring we just put down specifically says not to use and "finishes" on the floor, just damp mop with a mild floor cleaner like Murphy Oil Soap or similar, however for disenfecting we still use something stronger.

What is the current name of it? I will be on the lookout and pick up an extra bottle to keep on hand.

Pledge Revive It floor gloss.

Last year I purchased a bottle at a local Ace hardware store for about $10.00. About a month ago while in that store I checked and it was still being stocked.

Its is harder to get here locally as well, of course it doesn't help that they keep changing the name.

I think (my opinion) is that the prevalence of the newer engineered wood floors and other flooring that need nothing more than a damp mop run over them to keep them clean and looking good is hurting that segment of the floor car industry. Even the cheap flooring has hard to damage finishes, and its cheap enought to just replace it when it starts looking bad. The new flooring we just put down specifically says not to use and "finishes" on the floor, just damp mop with a mild floor cleaner like Murphy Oil Soap or similar, however for disenfecting we still use something stronger.

Nail/Head....done.

My wife is a professional cleaner and runs a cleaning company doing high end residential cleans. Future floor gloss is essentially a lightly wearing high gloss clear paint meant for linoleum floors that originally had a gloss finish. The newer engineered floors will be damaged by just about anything that's NOT specified as 'clean only with this' (especially anything chemical or mechanical, as the wear layers are tougher than anything previously available, but ultra thin!!)......and in commercial service, there's a TON of liability in going against manufacturer recommendations.

Bottom line is, Future floor shine is a product that's outlived the industry products that it serviced. Don't look for it to be around much longer.

Another replacement for Future is Quick Shine. I bought it at the local Ace Hardware and it works great on our vinyl floor.
Looks like a winner. I thought the "tough acrylic protection" that used to be prominently displayed on the Future bottle was the big draw. The gloss was an added bonus.

1645224422040.png

1645225050282.png
1645225348735.png

Last edited:
Looks like a winner. I thought the "tough acrylic protection" that used to be prominently displayed on the Future bottle was the big draw. The gloss was an added bonus.

View attachment 505273

View attachment 505274
View attachment 505277
I remember the original Future Acrylic floor finish back in the '70s - we used it on linoleum and floor tile. Mom would wash the floor and then apply this to give it a glossy sheen and smooth finish. We kids would slide our socked feet all over because it was so slick.

When I first started using it, I dribbled it in large drops and soaked a cloth. Now I have some transferred to an old eye glass cleaner spray bottle. The nozzle has a fine atomizer which means I use very little of the stuff on a rocket and I have better control on the location and amount used.

Back