The Flying Lamp

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
I finally got the pictures done and shrunk to a reasonable size.

Here's a picture of my wife's new lamp in it place of honor on top the stereo speakers in the living room.

Here's the lamp turned on, next to a half-meter T-square for scale.

In transition between roles, showing tall the parts. The orange wire nuts allow changing in less than a minute.

Ready to fly. Unfortunately none of the pictures show the lines between the balsa strips very well. In person it's quite obviously "panelling". Even the launch lug is made of balsa strips.

Originally posted by powderburner
What kind of MMTs are under the sofa?

No sofa yet, unfortunately. Still trying to recover from a decade as a grad student. Mostly just bookshelves and boxes in the living room.

However, I have been at work on the kitchen. I took the idea of "radar range", the original name for a microwave oven, and "rocket range" and came up with this. It's great for making blackened catfish. Real fast.

Originally posted by elbmod
so how many steaks can you grill on that thing??????

Only one at a time. After the ejection charges go off you have to run fast to catch it before it hits the ground. The cats have been enjoying acting as my recovery team.

Originally posted by powderburner
What kind of MMTs are under the sofa?

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Now *that's* funny!

Back