The Flying Disc Golf Basket of Death and Distruction

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2791.JPG

Flying the regular basket at disc golf tournaments has been problematic...So here is a 1/2 sized version that will definitely fit into class 1 launches. Possible test flight this weekend on a G or fast burning F. Haven't decided yet...

Was just leaving the field bound for Argonia with a bed full of gas cans when you flew that. Stopped to watch. Was surprised not to see my truck in the onboard video, but I must have paused just out of frame to the north. I'm not a disc golfer, but all of those fins and chains were a site to see!

Update...The mini basket should be making an appearance at MMWP. Which day largely depends on weather. I also plan on flying the big basket once per day at LDRS...

So for the first time ever I flew the Mini Basket at a disc golf tournament:

And yes, everyone had the opportunity to throw a 1/2 sized disc at it.

So cool! Combining two favorite hobbies! Great job, Dave!

Still planning on flying the FBoDD once/day at Bong. Sponsorships are $100/flight and details can be had by PM'ing me here. Unfortunately the mini basket will not be making an appearance at Bong since I really need to completely rebuild it. As far as when...well that remains to be seen . Sort of depends on what is happening at the launch - especially weather. LDRS is looking pretty good for all 4 days but...well...it's the midwest.

Back