The Famous Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale - 2019

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time of the year again, when Eggtimer fans of the past, present, and future take advantage of the joy of the holidays and save big bucks (which can be used to buy motors or "that" kit that you've been pining for). Since we don't like being haunted by spirits at 4:00 am in order to get some sweet rocketry deal, our sale is going to run from Saturday Nov. 16th through Monday Dec. 2nd.

Altimeter/Av Bay Stuff
o Eggtimer Proton Flight Computer (6 outputs, 120G accelerometer, WiFi) Reg. $70, sale price $50 (Lowest price ever!)
o Eggtimer Quantum WiFi-Enabled Flight Computer, Reg. $40, sale price $30
o Eggtimer Classic Flight Computer, Reg. $35, sale price $25
o Eggtimer Quark 2-Output Deployment Controller, Reg. $20, sale price $15
o Eggtimer WiFi Switch, Reg. $20, sale price $15

Eggfinder GPS Trackers
o Eggfinder LCD Starter Set (Eggfinder TX transmitter & LCD receiver) Reg. $120, sale price $100
o Eggfinder Mini/LCD Starter Set (Eggfinder Mini transmitter & LCD receiver) Reg. $125, sale price $100 (Lowest price ever!)
o Eggtimer TRS Starter Set (Eggtimer TRS transmitter & LCD receiver) Reg. $140, sale price $120
o Eggtimer TRS Starter Set, 70cm Ham version (twice the range of the 900 MHz unit! Includes external antennas) Reg. $160, sale price $130
o Eggfinder Starter Set (Eggfinder TX transmitter & RX "dongle" Receiver) Reg. $90, sale price $70
(specify USB cable or Bluetooth version)
o Eggfinder Mini Starter Set (Eggfinder Mini transmitter & RX "dongle Receiver) Reg. $95, sale price $75
(specify USB cable or Bluetooth version)
o Eggfinder TX GPS transmitter, Reg. $70, sale price $50 (Yup, $50 for a GPS transmitter...)
o Eggfinder Mini GPS transmitter, Reg. $75, sale price $50 (Lowest price ever!)
o Eggtimer TRS GPS/Flight Computer, Reg. $90, sale price $70
o Eggtimer TRS, 70cm Ham Version, Reg. $100, sale price $75
o Eggfinder LCD receiver only, Reg. $55, sale price $50
o Eggfinder LCD-GPS Module for LCD receiver, Reg. $40, sale price $30
o Eggfinder RX receiver only, Reg. $25, sale price $20
(specify frequency and USB cable or Bluetooth)

We have inventory on almost everything, but due to the nature and the volume involved in this sale it is highly possible (if not likely...) that we might run out of something. If we do, we'll let you know, and get busy making more of them. Nobody's going away empty-handed... you just might have to wait a week or so if we run out. If you're giving something as a gift, be sure to let us know, and order early... our email is [email protected]

If you need details on any of our stuff, check out our web site... EggtimerRocketry.com

And as always, thanks for your continued support!

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Last edited:
Go ahead and email me what you want, you'll be put in the queue... first come, first served, at least until we start running out of stuff.

I was just thinking about making my av bays portable between rockets....

nah, I have too much fun building these kits and at these prices it a no brainer.

Cris, do you have any RF modules to spare for the Mini that I can buy? I've tried to get one from you in the past but stopped getting responses.

Great, I need to order a replacement TRS unit... the last one did not like it's adventure to middle earth...

IMG_20191103_130350.jpg

Just ordered some more.

I love these things. Great concept and implementation. Quality is great.

Just built a new 4.5 in altimeter bay. I had Dave Fliger at RocketJunkie make me custom bulkheads. I added the pull switch on the Proton and Quantum. If there is a long queue at the RSO, I don't have to sweat batteries running down. Also helps to get multiple flights in over the course of a day without having to recharge.

I'm organizing an Eggtimer build jam at one of our upcoming CMASS club meetings.
_DSC5939_cr.jpg

Ordered a Classic and a WiFi switch. These will be the first time I have ever put together one of these units. Can't wait!

Just ordered some more.

I love these things. Great concept and implementation. Quality is great.

Just built a new 4.5 in altimeter bay. I had Dave Fliger at RocketJunkie make me custom bulkheads. I added the pull switch on the Proton and Quantum. If there is a long queue at the RSO, I don't have to sweat batteries running down. Also helps to get multiple flights in over the course of a day without having to recharge.

I'm organizing an Eggtimer build jam at one of our upcoming CMASS club meetings.View attachment 398856

Curtis, what CO2 ejection system are you using? Sorry Cris not meaning to derail your thread.

Cris, I have a question. I have a Quantum and was thinking about a second one for redundancy.Can the same phone communicate with both of them?
Yes, you'll just have to switch between them in your WiFi settings. I've had as many as three of them in the same rocket, no problem.

Oh creeeeeipes. An nmea tracker on 70cm and 100mW. Holee cow! I gotta sit down and do the instructions for
Aprsisce/32 to use as a mapping tracker. Simply, one pipes the nmea strings into the program through the local GPS port. That reads nmea strings. That will get the rocket on the map. The next thing is to get a second instance of aprsisce/32 running and you pipe your local position to this version of the program. This instance you setup as a server and have it internally send its position to the first instance that is showing the rocket.
Except, I think I had trouble with packet collisions when using this with the 900Mhz trackers so I lost some of the rocket positions. No problem as I got enough to successfully recover and I didn’t lose anything. The remedy hit me one day and is so simple. Just activate both programs, get the local position painted on the map with the rocket once. Close the second instance of the program before the rocket is launched and there shouldn’t be sentence collisions. Fire up the second instance after the rocket is down and proceed to the recovery site.
A couple of years ago I picked up two dual boot Android/Windows Chinese tablets with internal GPS units installed. It took some time to get the windows side to see the GPS but it works with the 900Mhz trackers. Kurt KC9LDH

Back