The Famous Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale - 2019

Discussion in 'Vendor Display' started by cerving, Nov 6, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Dec 8, 2019 #91

Greg Furtman

Greg Furtman

Greg Furtman

Forum Supporter TRF Supporter

Happy to help out. :D

2. Dec 8, 2019 #92

DAllen

DAllen

DAllen

So I had MC assemble my WiFi switch and man...that thing is COOL!

My only suggestion is including in the operation manual a section on how to connect to the WiFi. Now it could be that its in there but I didn't find it. The only reason I figured out what address to punch in the web browser was looking at the photo of the phone with the Raven Alt in the manual. Other than that, this appears to be a great product. Can't wait to fly it!

3. Dec 8, 2019 #93

woferry

woferry

woferry

FYI, a nifty little trick at least some Android phones have done for a while and iOS finally supports (as of iOS 11), you can generate a QR code that provides the details of a WiFi network, and phones that support it can auto-join the network just by scanning the code. Perhaps not something to stick on the outside of the rocket if the point is to keep others from finding the password and being able to arm/disarm the rocket, but it's at least something that might be handy to keep on a piece of paper you bring to the launch, or inside the AVBay or something.

A free site to generate these codes is qifi.org, though it seems they create a larger code (requires higher resolution or to be printed bigger), I found another site www.qr-code-generator.com, click on the WiFi option and you get the same blanks to fill-in but the resulting QR code is smaller. One could also make a QR code of the URL to go to after the WiFi is joined, also (too bad the two can't be combined). At least on iOS you simply open the Camera app and in Photo mode if it detects a QR code it will put a banner at the top of the page with the appropriate action (such as joining the WiFi network).

curtisheisey and DAllen like this.
  4. Dec 21, 2019 #94

Denis Grguric

Denis Grguric

Denis Grguric

Finally come back home from business trip, and received Eggtimer box from super slow Croatian customs! Also received TS-100 soldering iron, some practice boards and soldering paste, tried some on practice board and it looks totally ok for first try. First iwill finish this practice board, and then goes the real stuff! Btw, TS-100 soldering iron is really good with pointy tip!

timbucktoo likes this.
  5. Dec 21, 2019 #95

tOD

tOD

tOD

Sinking in the quicksand of HPR TRF Supporter

Finished the Quark I got at the sale, next is the WiFi Switch. IMG_20191221_121839.jpg

Greg Furtman likes this.
  6. Jan 14, 2020 #96

Igotnothing

Igotnothing

Igotnothing

Built three TRS altimeters over a couple of days during Christmas. That is the first time I have attempted to "mass produce" Egg products. It got a bit cramped in the 9" x 13" baking pan with 3 of the boards, but it saved a bunch of time. All three have tested out just fine.

Now I need to finish the rockets these will go into - maybe after retirement.

7. Jan 14, 2020 #97

Kelly

Kelly

Kelly

Usually remembers to get the pointy end up

I just finished building two Quarks, and a TRS/LCD pair. All went together pretty easily, aided by an adjustable-power Weller iron and a lighted magnifier.
    Another "Thank You" to Chris for the excellent products, the excellent support, and these great Black Friday prices.