The Expanse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Joshua Smith

kernelsmith
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Very astute. On the opposite side from astute...I love it when the racer pilot tries to go thru the ring and gets liquefied. :) 🚀

hball55

Reaction score
As an ebook hater, this pleases me greatly.
You should try Audible, when the book gets a great voice actor, it makes the book even more of a pleasure. The Expanse HAS an AWESOME voice actor in Jefferson Mays.

Scott_650

Reaction score
Actually, there is "artificial gravity" in the "Expanse Universe". The standout for this is in season 3, when the protomolecule station within the "Ring Gateway" suddenly reduces the max transit speed rule which fubars all the ships moving at that moment. The Belter's Behemoth sends out the call to aid all ships that have lost gravity as the Behemoth has "Spin Gravity" and therefore can tend to all the wounded.
The SF term “artificial gravity” implies a method to increase the relative mass of “something” to create a gravity “field” in or around a ship or space station using some kind of technology beyond our current understanding - spin induced centripetal force or thrust created pseudo gravity isn’t outside our current level of technology, it may not be practical but it doesn’t rely on alien protomolecules or handwavium. So there is no human produced “artificial gravity” in the world of the Expanse. The use of alien science for any technology outside our basic understanding of the universe is a solid plot device that lets the writers have their interstellar travel cake and eat it too.

Antares JS

Reaction score
You should try Audible, when the book gets a great voice actor, it makes the book even more of a pleasure. The Expanse HAS an AWESOME voice actor in Jefferson Mays.
My hearing impairment precludes me from getting any use out of audiobooks and podcasts.

Joshua Smith

kernelsmith
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I should get these, I have 12+ overflowing audible credits. No more commute to work so I don't use them as much