The Executioner Project...1st Midpower

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Exec flies great with Estes D's and E's, if you build it light-weight like the instructions say. I just didn't think it would get so high with an F (and I didn't do any calcs or sims beforehand). I thought about using a smaller 'chute with an outside anchor, but didn't take the time. Well, I paid for it. Winds aloft were a bit stronger that day than down at the ground, and it floated away. That's been a year or two, and no one has phoned with news of recovery (I put my ident on the outside) and I am not counting on seeing it again. Sure would like to reclaim that nose cone, though.

Why not try a different motor system. One that is more regularily available.

The Cesaroni pro 38 motor system has a single grain reloadable motor system with a 133 newton second G motor that is less than the 62.5 gram limit. So it can be shipped without requiring NAR or Tripoli certification.

This motor also works nicely with the Public Enemy 3" and 4" kits with a 38mm motor mount. These kits will also handle high power motors up to J.

Back