The Engine "Deals & Steals" Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveCombs

Carnivore, Interrupted
Reaction score
I think we had something like this on the old TRF, so I'm going to push the big red button and restart it here.

If you find a good deal on engines - can be BP or AP - post it up here.

This morning I went to Wally World on other business, and took a moment to see if they had brought any motors back out, as they had been picked clean for quite some time. Sure enough, next to those underwhelming Estes RTFs I found (and snagged) 10 packs of B6-4s for just $4.97 each. They also had 5 packs of B4-4s (very unusual for WM - heck, ANY B's are hard to find in my local WMs). There were A8-3s and a few A10-3Ts as well.

Looks like they're getting ready for the flying season...

That's pretty much what the Wal-Mart near my office has, too: The new motor displays with mini-A's, A's, B's, and C's, for $4.97 a pack.

The RTF rockets weren't too impressive, but I thought the launch set (unless it's a starter set) that lets the buyer build 2 rockets with any of 64 different configurations was pretty neat.

local walmart has c6-3 5 and 7 engines for $1 a pack Ipicke dup 20 a week or so ago . others nearby have had the same for only $3 a pack either way a deal .

local walmart has c6-3 5 and 7 engines for $1 a pack Ipicke dup 20 a week or so ago . others nearby have had the same for only $3 a pack either way a deal .

Whats "local" for you?

Yep. I'm not totally sure of the difference, but I think winkies and joepilot.com are the same place. I've bought a bunch of F&G reloads from those folks, and an Aerotech kit. Great prices.

Yeah they are the same place but it seems that joepilot.com doesn't have the mojave green motors on their list but winkies does.

Cruised thru my local Wal-Mart when I had to go get some more paint..No joy :( The shelf 'place markers' are there showing a $3 per pack price but no packs..

Home for me is Joplin Missouri butt crack of america. I went last night they had 15 packs left mixed between c6-3 and c6-7 . we have 3 wallmarts within 10 miles it makes me laugh that their prices are all so different .

Just got my order from Winkie's. I ordered late Friday night and it came in the mail today, 3 days, and over the weekend too. The G76Gs are on backorder with an estimated ship date of 2/12.

Everything else came and had the price stickers still on them, like they pulled them off the display racks. I didn't notice anything on the site saying it was a sale, but the prices were great. The discount sticker on the G64W says List Price: $12.95, You Pay: $11.69, and the internet price I paid was $8.56. That's 27% off discount and 34% off list. Not Bad! :D

Our Walmart just marked down the few engines they had left to $3. They just added RTF kits though so I expect they'll get in some new engines at full price soon.

My local Wal-Marts (Gwinnett County) Collins Hill and Highway 29 both have engines in stock. A, B, and C's. All for $4.97.

The Hobby Lobby in Saginaw, MI had the A10-PTs marked down to $3.59. One pack of A10-3Ts was in the mix so I culled it from the herd.
The nearby Michael's is in the process of moving so a visit there was a wasted effort. I redeem the 40% Off coupon on C11-3s or D12s.

Notes that HL raised motor prices, a 3-pk of D12 now goes almost $15.

Absolutely. On the other hand, Hobbylinc does not list the G76G and G53FJ, hopefully they will add them this year.

For what its worth, I check both before I order, as over the past few years it seems to change which is cheaper. Price wars??? Lets hope so!

I got my order from Winkies in a couple of days. The G53 was included, but the G76 were backordered. They gave me an estimated ship date for the backorder and they were shipped on the stated date and arrived two days later. I would call it excellent service!

You can't beat the price either $9.68 for G reloads for the 29/40-120. I ordered when Luv2launch first mentioned it and they must have been having a sale because I'm sure I only paid $8.56 for the G64 loads.

I bought E 9-8's from Hobbylinc for 13.99 per 3 pack + 9.00 shipping. The 9.00 shipping is set whether you buy 1 pack or multiples.

I got 9 engines for a total of ~50.00 or $5.60 per engine. Given the performance of the E9 in my smallish rockets, the result is well worth 5 bucks a launch.

I bought E 9-8's from Hobbylinc for 13.99 per 3 pack + 9.00 shipping. The 9.00 shipping is set whether you buy 1 pack or multiples.

I got 9 engines for a total of ~50.00 or $5.60 per engine. Given the performance of the E9 in my smallish rockets, the result is well worth 5 bucks a launch.

Hey! Stop buying up all my E9-8's!!! :roll:

Yeah that's a good deal. :2:

AND, you can buy stuff to make beer... Thats just cool...

"Here, hold my beer and watch this..."

[YOUTUBE]RRuskNIgBoA[/YOUTUBE]

Reminds me of some of the things I learned at the cabin bashes of my youth... such as hood surfing is a lot harder than it looks.

Back on topic. Red Arrow and HobbyLinc are my primary sources of MPR motors and hardware. Red Arrow almost always seems to have what I'm looking for. No CTI hardware tho. HobbyLinc might be cheaper sometimes but they are often out of stock of my particular needed motors. Hence, I check the "In Stock" filter when looking for motors or hardware.

Last edited:
Last edited:
My dad and I went to fred meyer once before a launch with slim hopes of them having anything. They had c6-5's for $6 a pack.

Braden

Check out Balsa Machining Service- They have good deals on motors, and if you are willing to wait, they have AMAZING deals on reloads and hardware :happydeer:

Back