The dangers of epoxy...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
0
Bloop was nice enough to give me this great link:

http://www.info-central.org

While going through all the information I came across this statement:

"Ventilation is very important because of the toxic nature of epoxy. Too much contact with epoxy resin, fumes, and sanding dust will produce an allergic reaction. The symptoms include severe headaches, chest pain, flu-like symptoms, and cracked & bleeding skin. Once someone has developed an allergy, they can never work with epoxy without suffering the symptoms. To prevent developing an allergy, ALWAYS use gloves and only work in a well-ventilated area. To further protect yourself, wear a dust/vapor mask. " - http://www.info-central.org/index.cgi?construction

Yikes!!!! And I have just been breathing this stuff in like it was a scented candle....

This must have been what happened to Carl. :) It made him insane...
 

marclee

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2001
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Also, don't clean your hands with alcohol afterwards. Alcohol speeds absorption of the epoxy chemicals into your skin and will increase the likelihood of a reaction. The best safeguard is to always use latex gloves and wash with soap and water.

You know if you blow up the gloves they look like a chicken and your kids will laugh.
 

Latest posts

Top