The countdown begins again....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....at the end of that thread is a decal special for TRF'ers
...good for only another couple of days.... don't miss out!

I'm sorry, I looked and can't find the "special".

I found the decal but no "special".

Am I just thick?:confused:

sandman

The post with the offer is just above the posts with the decal pictures.

Ok - I'm in. I want it. How do I get those decals for $4.95 including shipping?

I'm in. I want some. Hook me up. Please!

Can't find a direct link to order them anywhere.

>>Ok - I'm in. I want it. How do I get those decals for $4.95 including shipping?

I'm in. I want some. Hook me up. Please!

Can't find a direct link to order them anywhere.<<

Reposting original message here.....

Meantime, here is another release we wanted to give TRF'ers a special on, only until the end of June (June 30th) as a thanks for waiting for us to rebuild the site, but there is a condition, since we are smallbies yet (even after 6 years in the business, my wife really loves me for working a full time job and a part-to-full time business!)...

1. At least 25 TRF'ers people wanting it before we open a special site for ordering the special before our main site is opened.

2. If we get that and post the special link, the follow through to order through the special site once we post the link within a day or so to test the site's handling of orders. If you get a confirmation, than all is well. Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX accepted.

3. The willingness to wait, as all orders will be shipped immediately, but if demand outstrips supply, waiting another week or two while we rush supplies, without shooting the vendor in the internet age....we promise 4-6 weeks for delivery by law, but get things there much sooner.

This is a TRF only special. Got the directions? Phase one starts now!

TRF Special:

Outlander to Mars Lander II decal set. TRF Thank You Special only 4.95 including shipping. (Continental US only) (similar sheets of this size go for much more, around ten bucks.) Extremely crisp and custom-designed sheet to make an Outlander a Mars Lander II. WATERSLIDE decals, including custom shroud decal for the capsule of the Outlander kit. More decals than you really need to make the "Mars Lander, the Next Generation" kit. Customize the way you see fit and we would love pictures too! 8-1/2" x 11" sheet with lots of markings in several sizes with special shroud decal to give your creativity a burst and have extras for other models. To get that classic Mars Lander the Next Generation look, just paint the Outlander White, with red legs and Silver footpads, and go with your creativity from there! We are just testing interest in other great things we have planned at Sirius Rocketry, but time is limited.

Pictures that do not do the set justice are posted below...(lo res scans, but should give an idea of the sheet)

As always, we at Sirius want you to patronize the smaller vendors and there are a LOT of great ones right here on TRF, which is why we decided to launch this special here. Look in the "vendors" section and see what they all have to offer. There are a lot of great manufacturers who spen their time and their passion right here on TRF!

If this is a successful special, we will do many more of this quality.

And look for neat kits and some interesting stuff on our website. The countdown is beginning.....

Cheers to all the great TRF members! And Thanks to all the great moderators of this site for making it the best site in rocketry today!

(June 30th is the deadline.....) Funny, but in my orginal post I said June 31st.... now remember...30 days Has September, April June and November......

The deal has just got extended for TRF Members for a 4th of July Special (July has thirty days, right???? :) ) Until July 5th. Same terms apply. Promise you will visit the webstore when it opens and that is all Evie and I ask...... The link to order will be posted if the above things happen, otherwise they will be available at the retail one the store opens....

Dave

That's a bit unclear.

And I read it the first two times.

>>>>1. At least 25 TRF'ers people wanting it before we open a special site for ordering the special before our main site is opened.<<<<

What does that mean? Do you need to know that at least 25 members of this board want to purchase those decals through some special site? That's how I read it. Consider me in as one of the 25.

>>>>2. If we get that and post the special link, the follow through to order through the special site once we post the link within a day or so to test the site's handling of orders. If you get a confirmation, than all is well. Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX accepted.<<<<

Again, this is a difficult read. The best I can decipher is that *if* you determine their is sufficient interest (at least 25 people specifically from this board) who want these specific decals, you will post a special link somewhere (presumably on your main website) in an effort to "beta test" the traffic handling capabilities of your server. And you accept major credit cards.

So, I'll re-ask my question more clearly based on assumptions posted here:

Have you determined that you have generated enough interest to proceed with this special?

Am I correct in assuming that the link will be posted on your website?

Will you post notification on this board that the link is up and active?

Is this special limited to a capped number of respondents, or is it simply a time constraint?

Thank you.

If I understand this correctly, then list me as one of the 25! I would like the decals as well! I wish I had the time to have been a beta tester, the pictures looked impressive!

Happy Flying, and good luck with the business!

Originally posted by Fore Check
That's a bit unclear.

And I read it the first two times.

>>>>1. At least 25 TRF'ers people wanting it before we open a special site for ordering the special before our main site is opened.<<<<

What does that mean? Do you need to know that at least 25 members of this board want to purchase those decals through some special site? That's how I read it. Consider me in as one of the 25.

Looks like we are almost there. This was just a special for TRF mambers only. Just trying to get a feel for demand on a simple product we wanted of offer an early bird special on....

>>>>2. If we get that and post the special link, the follow through to order through the special site once we post the link within a day or so to test the site's handling of orders. If you get a confirmation, than all is well. Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX accepted.<<<<

Again, this is a difficult read. The best I can decipher is that *if* you determine their is sufficient interest (at least 25 people specifically from this board) who want these specific decals, you will post a special link somewhere (presumably on your main website) in an effort to "beta test" the traffic handling capabilities of your server. And you accept major credit cards.

Yes, we do, and we have had many testers to make sure things go through. We thought we would offer this special to "test things under load" as it were.

So, I'll re-ask my question more clearly based on assumptions posted here:

Have you determined that you have generated enough interest to proceed with this special?

Yes, almost there.

Am I correct in assuming that the link will be posted on your website?

No, it will be posted on the TRF only, and will be a special link.

Will you post notification on this board that the link is up and active?

Yes.

Is this special limited to a capped number of respondents, or is it simply a time constraint?

Simply a time restraint. An "act now" thing, so to speak.

Thank you.

I'm sorry...I got nothin'...

I got on your site looked for a place to order, view, anything. All I can find are email addresses and a link back to the forum...I guess I'm confused.

I do want a decal set but I'm lost.

sandman

>>I'm sorry...I got nothin'...

I got on your site looked for a place to order, view, anything. All I can find are email addresses and a link back to the forum...I guess I'm confused.

I do want a decal set but I'm lost.

sandman<<

Again, the instructions are simple. 25 people interested, and we open up a special site that you can order them from. We are still counting, and are almost there, but not quite. Post your interest here, and it will be added to the count, and for not making that clear, I apologize. We open the special link when the offer is done and 25 people have shown interest, it is NOT available now, and we have extended the time to show interest to July 4th., There is no link right now, it will be an exclusive for TRF members, and that was explicitly detailed in the instructions. Read through the posts and you will see where we are, the website is not open yet, we get 25 people interested, the site opens with a special link to TRF'ers and you can then order them there. If you are searching the site right now, you will not find a link to this special, as the site is not open yet. This was an offer to TRF'ers before the site opens and it will then be there at the regular price. I thought the instructions were simple, and I apologize if they weren't. Basically it is summed up as this: If we had 25 interested people to show interest on TRF we would then give a link to a special deal, not before.

The way it worked was that if enough people only 25 showed interst her by the deadline, now July 4th, we would THEN post the link to where you could order the set for the special price for TRF'ers only, and we will post that link here, and announce the special link. This would be a special website, that is not connected in any way with our main site that will also be opening shortly. If not, then it would be avaliable though our site at the regular price once the site opens. A pre-order show of interest, so to speak. Enough interest, and the magic link appears, if not, it will be available in our store when it opens at more than our cost.

We, at Sirius, apologize if that was not clear....Sorry about all the confusion....

Originally posted by mikeyd
If I understand this correctly, then list me as one of the 25! I would like the decals as well! I wish I had the time to have been a beta tester, the pictures looked impressive!

Happy Flying, and good luck with the business!

Thanks Mike! You are on the list!

Thanks for the good words and well wishes, they are appreciated!

I only need one set.

Just so you know. Our own Astronboy makes a similar, but different, set of decals for the outlander.

I already have one of those.

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
I only need one set.

Just so you know. Our own Astronboy makes a similar, but different, set of decals for the outlander.

I already have one of those.

sandman

Yup, we knew that, the other set is VERY nice too, and it shows that great minds think alike!

My set has been ordered.

Now all I gotta do is find another Outlander!

sandman

Ok folks, we got the interest we needed, and here is the special link to order for the set at the TRF special price of 4.95 and free shipping for a limited time. I did try and send an e-mail to all those who wanted a set, but not everyone has their e-mail posted here, so here is the link to the special page to order this TRF special:

https://www.siriusrocketry.com/siriusshopping/siriusTR/

It is the only item in this version of the store, but the cart is fully functional and you can place your order there for the special price. This page will be removed when the offer expires, so place your order as soon as you can!

In other news, the countdown continues to the launch of the new site, so we hope you will visit us when the main store opens in a matter of days. When it does, you'll see a lot more stuff, but when that opens (before this offer is expired on July 9th and the special page is removed) you'll see the price that everyone else will pay.... So use the TFR special link above to order ASAP to get the special price!

Thanks for your interest in the decal set (many more great ones are to come!) and for helping us make sure everything about the store works! It is a doubly-secured site, make sure you select the SSL option when ordering, then your order is secure, and we receive it in encrypted form.

Dave

My set has been ordered.

Now all I gotta do is find another Outlander!

sandman

Got your order successfully, and thank you for being the first, everything is working great! (When you spend all that money on shopping carts and security and all that...well, you wonder if you ever will get the order....) Thanks for being the first in on this special!

I'll be shipping this first batch after the holiday on Tuesday First Class Mail. Thanks!!!!!!!

Dave

by the way, the reaction to the special offer has been outstanding! Orders took over the weekend have been shipped first class mail, and you should all see them in a day or two. Thanks!

We are ramping up the site, and the countdown continues, we we should be open in a couple of days. The speciall offer is also still good until Friday!

Dave

Check above for special offer......

Thanks to allthe orders over the holiday wekend, theyall shoped out yesterday or today, and Evie and I thank you!

Dave

Originally posted by Sirius Rocketry
Check above for special offer......

Thanks to all the orders over the holiday wekend, they all shoped out yesterday or today, and Evie and I thank you!

Dave

or shipped, even, You should have all got a confirmation or two.

Sorry about the misspelling errors, we really are not dense, just trying to keep up and give good service!

Dave/Evie

Everything that we got as of this date and time is out in the mail. THANK YOU so much for the orders, and, well thanks for helping bring us back!

Dave

I just found this thread and ordered two sets for myself. Now, I just have to find time to build that Outlander.....

Originally posted by astronboy
I just found this thread and ordered two sets for myself. Now, I just have to find time to build that Outlander.....

I recieved your order today, packing it tonight and it will ship first class tomorrow. I stopped by your site, I may have to return the favor and order up a few of your decal sheets as soon as I have time to build! I just have not decided which set of decals I like the best!

Thanks!

Dave

Guys, guys:confused:

This is a heck of a way to run a business!

You buy from him, he buys from you I buy...where is the profit:confused:

I guess none of us are gonna make it into the Fortune 500.

But we'll have some neat rockets!

sandman:D

Guys, guys:confused:

This is a heck of a way to run a business!

You buy from him, he buys from you I buy...where is the profit:confused:

I guess none of us are gonna make it into the Fortune 500.

But we'll have some neat rockets!

sandman:D

LOL! But yes, we WILL have some neat rockets!

problem is, I don't think any of us will have any time to build them! :D

Dave

BTW, anyone receive their sheets yet?

Back