The Carrot Cluster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigBaddy

It's OK to not know something
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It was my wife's idea (the paint), honest! Tried to do the best I could with rattle cans and a cheap Testor's airbrush.

Just finished this up. Parts from rocketarium and scaled to BT80 sized Estes Big Daddy dimensions. 3x18mm mount. Plywood rings, papered balsa fins. Kevlar cord passes through the motor mount to loop around a motor tube and cinch down with a screw/washer. Expecting that cord to take some abuse. Probably need some nomex for it... Should look absolutely ridiculous on take-off :)

20210428124759_IMG_5510.JPG

20210428124816_IMG_5511.JPG

20210428124833_IMG_5512.JPG

Outstanding. How nice it must be to have a spouse to takes any form of interest in your hobby.

She doesn't mind and knows that I need regular doses of making something or riding bikes. :)

She's got a Bullet Bobby to build too; but the schedule doesn't allow for much of that right now.

The color mix, especially the orange, is outstanding. Definitely has appeel.
Alternate name would be, “What’s up, Doc?”

also, if there was ever a rocket which would look good in a lawn dart photo (soft grass or dirt), this would be it!

I am rooting for you. Hope you get three straight trails and no tossed salad recoveries.

The color mix, especially the orange, is outstanding. Definitely has appeel.
Alternate name would be, “What’s up, Doc?”

also, if there was ever a rocket which would look good in a lawn dart photo (soft grass or dirt), this would be it!

I am rooting for you. Hope you get three straight trails and no tossed salad recoveries.

Thanks! LOL. You crack me up! Excellent punmanship.

You can count on a lawn dart photo if it happens! It'd be horrible, but I'll still snap it and laugh.

A Big Daddy painted as a carrot? Are you challenging the Rocket Gods into trying to plant that rocket? I suspect that you'll be needed a trowel for shovel recovery.

A Big Daddy painted as a carrot? Are you challenging the Rocket Gods into trying to plant that rocket? I suspect that you'll be needed a trowel for shovel recovery.

Hahahaha!

This should help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_163500366.jpg
    IMG_20210414_163500366.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 26
As a fan, I tried fiddleheading with more puns but they're much too corny, so lettuce just move on.

I desperately wanted to come up with something for "rutabaga"... :(

Awesome job! It'll make a nice start to your rocket garden!
Rutabaga fertilizer? But that sounds a bit negative and rude.

As so far as the garden, I'm sure we shallots see what sprouts up soon. In the meantime, I'm laying out a lot of cabbage to get my rockets here in China. Another box should turnup next week.

And at rock bottom, I can't wheat to see it fly. Lettuce root for rice weather: no grain and lots of sunflower.

There was that lady vegetarian rocket Motor vendor. She wasn’t well known on line, but at the major launches before Covid all the rocket manure,

Oh man, my coconut must be fuzzy this morning, for missing the celery/cellar opportunity.......gaah(lic)!!!!!!!
Naah, I just happened to have some extra fecundity in my gourd this morning.

And before I get reported to the moderators, fecundity doesn't mean what you might think!

Many years ago, the club I belonged to hosted a silly contest called "Kitchen Scale". Entries had to either be replicas of things in a kitchen, or composed of things found in a kitchen. My entry was an upscaled carrot. It was 2 feet long, made mostly from styrofoam and was stabilized by tassels of green polyethylene. Unfortunately, it was underpowered with a C motor and planted itself. At the time, the irony was lost on me.

I later upgraded the MMT to 24mm and had a number of good flights.

Many years ago, the club I belonged to hosted a silly contest called "Kitchen Scale". Entries had to either be replicas of things in a kitchen, or composed of things found in a kitchen. My entry was an upscaled carrot. It was 2 feet long, made mostly from styrofoam and was stabilized by tassels of green polyethylene. Unfortunately, it was underpowered with a C motor and planted itself. At the time, the irony was lost on me.

That's great!!!!

So, you're saying we should Romaine Calm and Carry Onion?

Problem with 3 18mm cluster motors is it makes it hard for the local hobby store to keep standard motors in stalk.

(okay, really bad, but I bet nobody saw that coming!)

Back